Old school grower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berserker

Valhalla
Reaction score
I have not grown in over 14 years about. I still have old school MH and HPS lights with magnetic ballast. What is the pros and cons going to led lights. I understand heat amd energy. But, do you get the same yield etc.
Thank you for all your help.
"Keep it green"

Welcome @Berserker 2.0 - Depends slightly on how much you are willing to spend on LEDs in my opinion. If your thinking about the blurple kind I would stick with firing up your old HPS/MH, possibly with new bulbs. My space is now limited. I don't care much about energy saving but I do care about the heat and burning down my grow shed. When I used the MH/HPS set up I was a bachelor and I used a big box fan and it helped me heat my house in the winter. Especially my bedroom. Trade off, I guess. I will tell you do not jump on the first set of LEDs you see. There are people on here who are running a couple different brands at the same time. Good luck. BTW mine is a Photontek 600 pro but I don't necessarily recommend it over some of the others I have seen. Get a full spectrum and not the blurples or you will be upgrading eventually if you do go with one. BUT - Me and many others have grown some mighty fine weed under blurples.
Didn't really answer much there did I? Welcome.

I am glad to be back. I wish I could have signed into my old account. Had a lot of information and pictures of old grow. Either way, glad to be back. Thank you.
"Keep it green"
What was your old name and I'll see if I can hook you up.

Well shit. Guess I should have looked at the 2.0 thing.
I just sent Berserker a password reset. If you don't have that email anymore,,let me know and I'll have to do some switching emails around.
Or give me a different email then your using for the 2.0 and I'll change it where you will get the password reset in that email.
The reason is you can't use the same email on 2 different accounts.

Well shit. Guess I should have looked at the 2.0 thing.
I just sent Berserker a password reset. If you don't have that email anymore,,let me know and I'll have to do some switching emails around.
Or give me a different email then your using for the 2.0 and I'll change it where you will get the password reset in that email.
The reason is you can't use the same email on 2 different accounts.
I don't have that email no more

Berserker and Berserker71
Welcome Back
I whipped this up for you to use if you like
1705012760419.png

Latest posts

Back