bright yellow fan leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithgrown

R.I.P. Dime Bag
Reaction score
yes i know before anyone says it; pictures would be a huge help but no pics right now so......

ok my babies are in thier fourth week of flower and just noticed today that my strongest tallest girls has the first set from the bottom fan leaves yellowing. im not just talking bout a little nute burn either. the whole leaf is yellow and they are drooping pretty bad.

the whole rest of the plant looks great!!! its strange that its just the first four fan leaves and nothing else.

ok guys yall are always awsome so start the brain storming.

thanks and happy halloween and growing to all

Not unusual to lose those lower fan leaves; especially if it's isolated to the just those.

Are the getting sufficient ferts?

Not To Worry Smoking Joe......lower Leaves Can;t Get Sufficiant Light So They Start To Yellow. It's A Natural Thing.................

well i hope its just them dropin as normal. went to check this morning and a few more had turned pale yellow. probablly bout 10% of the lower half of just one plant are pale yellow. just dont know what to do but wait.

Very normal...by the time harvest comes I hve had a plant or two covered in light yellow to almost white fan leaves....

cool guys thanks for the help. still cant help but worry bout my girls...lol. feel like a daddy

It kind of messes with you but it's all a part of the process.
Did they wilt on you for about a week first? Then they are giving up the ghost and are not needed anymore as the plant is trying to save all it's energy for the flowers.

Hello Smithgrown-

Yellowing of leaves occurs late in flower. It is a natural response as the plant begins to die- the flowers are where all the energy is going to perpetuate the species- even to the point where the plant starts to "eat" itself in a last ditch effort to create seeds.

But, a common mistake (like smokingjoe said) is the nutrients you are giving your plants. Many of the "bloom" products out there actually have no nitrogen in them.

Check your nutrients- if you are not giving your plants any nitrogen, on your next feeding, give them a shot of "grow" nutes. You'll see a big difference in about 3 or 4 days. Those big green fan leaves are what will give you those big tasty buds.

Good luck and Happy Growing! :cool:

your plant is dying!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but its ok, its time for it to die,

this is what you wanted, now, you got it.

MURDERER

Heres whats up. This could
A. Be a genetic trait. I personally have a beautiful purple that turns yellow all the way up and when the top fan leaves turn yellow the lower ones are about 1/4 purple telling me that THC production is slowing down not stopping. It was an exilerating expeciance when I cropped about a week ago and (Id like to think) the plant was following the "harvest mood". But it wasnt it was just done. Still a fitting halloween harvest.

B. Like said before not enough light, "canopy" too thick.

C. Nitrogen deficency. If they continue all the way up with just the fan leaves turning yellow and some where between when 40%-90% of them are all yellow your smaller bud leaves and other start to turn this is a major nitrogen deficency. Its usually (NOT always) from hydro growers switching to a P and K based fertilizer (N-P-K) for the P for bud as nutrients (not all) for bud will nave no nitrogen content.

PS if a nitrogen def. pull leaves off that are completely dried to 50% dried out, theyre dead. Mix in mild nitrogen solution. Im hydro so i just use part A of "Sensi Grow" it is "3.7-0-0" at about 400 PPM and pour at the base of effected

gaSm said:
Heres whats up. This could
A. Be a genetic trait. I personally have a beautiful purple that turns yellow all the way up and when the top fan leaves turn yellow the lower ones are about 1/4 purple telling me that THC production is slowing down not stopping. It was an exilerating expeciance when I cropped about a week ago and (Id like to think) the plant was following the "harvest mood". But it wasnt it was just done. Still a fitting halloween harvest.

B. Like said before not enough light, "canopy" too thick.

C. Nitrogen deficency. If they continue all the way up with just the fan leaves turning yellow and some where between when 40%-90% of them are all yellow your smaller bud leaves and other start to turn this is a major nitrogen deficency. Its usually (NOT always) from hydro growers switching to a P and K based fertilizer (N-P-K) for the P for bud as nutrients (not all) for bud will nave no nitrogen content.

I didnt edit this my computer posted mid-sentence.

Just a little tip gaSm... nitrogen levels shoud be very low at this stage in flower ! The plant doesnt need much of it at this point, and if you were to raise the levels, you would surely burn the hell out of the buds ! :cool:

:yeahthat:

Pics wld help a lot...I know you said you can't get any but they wld...:)

ya mine are yellow and purple! i think mine are dying too but there almost done so o well! some were molding on me and leafs were crisping up and dying off, mine dont look too good. post some pics of yours when u can to help diagnose it!
but ur problem sounds like its just lost off nitrogen and thats good cuz ur 4 weeks in, its supposed to happen!

plants 2009 015.jpg

plants 2009 016.jpg

plants 2009 017.jpg

chris1974 said:
Just a little tip gaSm... nitrogen levels shoud be very low at this stage in flower ! The plant doesnt need much of it at this point, and if you were to raise the levels, you would surely burn the hell out of the buds ! :cool:

Are you kidding me? Yeah no cussing on this site so. :holysheep: YOU DONT SAY! Anyway you want pictures of a plant 6 weeks in bud with a nitrogen deficency give me 24 hours. Ha, save the little tidbits of UBI for the people asking.

AlbinoDanko12GA said:
ya mine are yellow and purple! i think mine are dying too but there almost done so o well! some were molding on me and leafs were crisping up and dying off, mine dont look too good. post some pics of yours when u can to help diagnose it!

but ur problem sounds like its just lost off nitrogen and thats good cuz ur 4 weeks in, its supposed to happen!

AHAHAHAHA CUT THEM ALL DOWN THEY'RE INFECTED. Hahaha bro you have.............PURPLE WEED. THC production is slowing down....

gaSm said:
Are you kidding me? Yeah no cussing on this site so. :holysheep: YOU DONT SAY! Anyway you want pictures of a plant 6 weeks in bud with a nitrogen deficency give me 24 hours. Ha, save the little tidbits of UBI for the people asking.

AHAHAHAHA CUT THEM ALL DOWN THEY'RE INFECTED. Hahaha bro you have.............PURPLE WEED. THC production is slowing down....

purple is normal when it gets cold.

who is this joker

dman1234 said:
purple is normal when it gets cold.

who is this joker

Dunno but not hard to see why there are so many red pebbles under his name...

there all purple cuz there granddaddypurple and cuz its cold! i flushed them 2 days ago and ill be picking them shortly

Latest posts

Back