Brix's hydro LED grow tutorial

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so I havnt had much time lately but got some stuff done Sunday. I hung my fan and ran some hard ducting up to the filter, but I will not be connecting it to the filter until flower. I just have to put a piece of flex duct to connect!

View attachment image.jpg

We need to ph this water to 5.7 but first we need to make sure our ph meter is calibrated correctly. Mine has sat for about 6 months, so I will recalibrate using general hydroponics 7.0 reference solution. I also store my meter with the diode resting in this as well. I simply fill the cap to my ph meter and hang upright til next use!

View attachment image.jpg

So I'm finally ready to pop some beans, but before I do I need some guidance using these rapid rooters as this is my first time using them. Do I soak em in PH'ed water? Cloning solution? What are your tips and tricks?

I soak rapid rooters in 5.5 ph'd water, for CLONING. Not sure if this is the same for seeds.

Also, I believe you want to calibrate your PH meter using BOTH 4.01 and 7.01 solution. I believe you start with 7.0, then calibrate, then rinse with water, then 4.0, then calibrate, and it should be good. At least, this is how we calibrate the Bluelabs pens. :aok:

Lookin' great Brix!! Can't wait my friend! :)

I soak rapid rooters in 5.5 ph'd water, for CLONING. Not sure if this is the same for seeds.

Also, I believe you want to calibrate your PH meter using BOTH 4.01 and 7.01 solution. I believe you start with 7.0, then calibrate, then rinse with water, then 4.0, then calibrate, and it should be good. At least, this is how we calibrate the Bluelabs pens. :aok:

Lookin' great Brix!! Can't wait my friend! :)

I'm pretty sure that the bottle says 7.0 not 7.1 :rofl: and yeah I had a bottle of 4.0 as well, I just ran out. Great advice for the noob crowd following along! Thanks doc! :aok:

$(KGrHqR,!rgFGyORlmLJBRy197EPhw~~60_35.JPG

ph-meter-buffer-solution-for-ph-4-01-20-ml_1.jpg

:aok:

I suppose I didn't need to specify the ".01" part :rofl:

Whoops! :)

I don't use that brand I use the general hydroponics

Oh, so do I... and only the 4.0 from GH mentions 4.01.. but the 7.0 is teeeeeecccchhhhnically 7.01 too :rofl:

So silly, I know.

Latest posts

Back