Broke-n-Toke Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ArtVandolay said:
OK, here we go! I just admitted bags and slowmo77 :hubba:

Sign me up Art.
I get a gift basket of muffins or something right?

I was a member as Melvan, can i be a member again as Melvan2?

Here's what qualifies me for broke-n-toke.

Grow/Flower Room:
Running a HydroFarm 400w hps magnetic system that I got in trade for a stereo I received as a gift-My cost $0
Hortilux bulb-$65
2 rolls of mylar-$28
2 exhaust fans from bathrooms in my old house: $25 (guess)
2 small desk fans $5 each at Walmart: $10
Reusable Buckets-Took them from work-$0

Nursery:

Wardrobe found on craigslist-$40
Fixture & bulbs for 2 40w T12s-Fixture already in house, bulbs $5 each-$10
4' 4 bulb T5-$125 (came with bulbs included)
small desk fan-$5
Two vent covers-$10

Total for grow room & nursery=$318

Thank you for my re-entry into the club.

Ya know Melvan, I'm not a cat person, but I like that kitten in your AV. If I were a cat, I'd be just like that, laying around soaking up some sun, maybe stroll around under the furniture looking for trouble to get in, lookin' out the window at the birds and say "when I get bigger......"

Morning BnT.

Just finished sorting out the venting on my tent, getting ready for grow at the end of the month. Just got to get my self a multiple adaptor to plug everything in and then i will give it a couple days test run to see what Rh and Temp sits at.
Cant wait to get some of my own stuff growing again. Feels like ages since i last grew anything.

Whats everyone got growing at the moment? Feels like there are so few GJ going on that every ones growing has stopped. I have no idea what any of you are growing.

im new at this,got a refrige cut 2 holes in back.removed the 2 fans that were in it,and put them in the holes i cut(1 blowing in-1blowing out).bought 6 electrical boxes($6) 6 bulb holder things ($18),12 cfl ($20).had some wire laying around.still have to get 6 v bulb holders($18).had dirt and containers from starting tomatoes an peppers.start up cost $62 cant get much more getto than that. am i cheap enough to get in?

ftw said:
im new at this,got a refrige cut 2 holes in back.removed the 2 fans that were in it,and put them in the holes i cut(1 blowing in-1blowing out).bought 6 electrical boxes($6) 6 bulb holder things ($18),12 cfl ($20).had some wire laying around.still have to get 6 v bulb holders($18).had dirt and containers from starting tomatoes an peppers.start up cost $62 cant get much more getto than that. am i cheap enough to get in?

Sounds Good. I have one observation though. You said you have a fan blowing in and one blowing out if i read correctly. I would suggest having them both blowing out and just have a hole for the intake (passive intake), The air pressure will suck air in, no need for a fan.

Got any pics? Love seeing fridge grows.

ok it's time to share my broke-n-token setup.
Fox Farm Trio pack $48
pro mix soil $29
digital ph meter $39
starter pot's $free
1 galoon pot's $free
3 gallon pot's $free
grow area is a closet
desk fan $5
2 150w HPS $20 each i think. bought them a couple of years ago.
thats about all i have in my grow i'll take a pic later and put it in my journal.

slowmo77 said:
ok it's time to share my broke-n-token setup.
Fox Farm Trio pack $48
pro mix soil $29
digital ph meter $39
starter pot's $free
1 galoon pot's $free
3 gallon pot's $free
grow area is a closet
desk fan $5
2 150w HPS $20 each i think. bought them a couple of years ago.
thats about all i have in my grow i'll take a pic later and put it in my journal.

Sounds good. Make sure you rem to upload a pic as

:postpicsworthless:

:p :D

hey guys moved and what not and just wondering what happened to the site it has changed quite a bit someone let me know thanks

Jericho said:
Sounds Good. I have one observation though. You said you have a fan blowing in and one blowing out if i read correctly. I would suggest having them both blowing out and just have a hole for the intake (passive intake), The air pressure will suck air in, no need for a fan.

Got any pics? Love seeing fridge grows.
dont have a camera-i thought that having 1 fan blowing in would help strengthen the plant.i may be wrong- like i said its my first grow-any help is appriciated.

ftw said:
dont have a camera-i thought that having 1 fan blowing in would help strengthen the plant.i may be wrong- like i said its my first grow-any help is appriciated.

Well if you have a small fan blowing on the tops of the plants yeh, If thats what you got then its good. If your using a fan to blow air out of the fridge and then one that blows air in its not needed. When you have a fan blowing out of the space then the air pressure will suck air in by it self.

:ciao: Hey yall thought i would share my latest mini grow!:hubba: Can i join the club maybe??? So here is my set up, I bought a 3x2x5.3 tent from HTG for129.00, just got a 2 ft 6 bulb t5 from them as well 149.00, i had a 170 cfm fan with 4 inch carbon filter 129.00. so the girls are sitting in some roots organic soil with a mix of sunshine. And decided on Soul Synthetics for my nutrients 50.00...So for ladies i am going to run a freebie bubblicious and i had 1 master kush left from my last grow.and last but not least, my buddy got a bunch of clones from my last grow and i am going to get a blue matereo. i think the three in the tent will get along okay...lol. so let the :watchplant: begin...total investment..i think around 600. whatcha all think?? so the pic of this lady is the bubble just starting its life:D

View attachment Picture 172.jpg

View attachment Picture 173.jpg

View attachment Picture 174.jpg

View attachment Picture 167.jpg

lowrydergrower775 said:
hey guys moved and what not and just wondering what happened to the site it has changed quite a bit someone let me know thanks
The server crashed a couple weeks ago, we went back to the old server.

I don't have a camera but it's so simple and cheap that you'll see it by reading this.

It's a strait line row garden with 8 plants under a shoplight that holds 2 48" F12 plant and aquarium fluorescent tubes. I will buy more as the plants grow.

I am a first time grower and plan on saying leave me alone concerning lights (just a disclaimer), so don't do it!

With 3 years of saving seeds and 2 years of research, I plan on SCROGing to completion with the following:

So far:
2 bags of top soil: $5
2 fluorescent 40W plant tubes: $13
MG 30-10-10: $5
Molasses: $3
3 five gallon/2 one gallon pots: free
8 spouted seeds: free
Sams 15-30-15: free
C&F thermo/relative humidity meter: free
2 duo fluorescent tube holders: free
6 general purpose tubes: free
Tall ocillating fan: free
Window fan: free
Heater: free
AC unit: free
2 CFLs: free
and incense to burn in the last 3 weeks: also free
Not everything listed is being or will be used.
$26 total so far without getting planned items.

Planned items: Chicken wire, red worms, Fish emultions, kelp extracts, humates, worm leachate, rooting hormone for cloning, 4 more plant light tubes, 1 more tube holder, and a partridge and a pear tree.

I'm not looking for MMJ, I'd settle for just clippings if that all these lights provide. Water cure them and smoke em' up. I'm broke as a joke but still growing my own smoke! Hey, that could be this groups moto.

I am are new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself .. I decided to enroll after a while 'I was reading the forum and all the good advice ..approaching the summer and I decided to get back a bit 'in the form .. I do sports (tennis and running) and I always tend to control what I eat, with ups and downs! I then discuss some interesting 'tricks and tips for proper nutrition ..I guess we will be fine!Good afternoon everyone!

DM613 said:
I am are new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself .. I decided to enroll after a while 'I was reading the forum and all the good advice ..approaching the summer and I decided to get back a bit 'in the form .. I do sports (tennis and running) and I always tend to control what I eat, with ups and downs! I then discuss some interesting 'tricks and tips for proper nutrition ..I guess we will be fine!Good afternoon everyone!

I too am trying to control my weight with proper diet and exercise. I haven't had any weed in quite a while so no munchies, but soon will have some trimmings to water cure. Let's just hope that they put me to sleep before they give me the munchies, that's what the last clippings I had did, LOL.

Here's my lil set up in my 12/12 room.

400w hps/mh
9x3gal smart pots
A few closet racks to keep em off the floor
Circulateing 10" fan
Bio thrive veg & bloom
Black diamond humic acids

Just wanted to share, thanx!

Here's my shot at it....

600 watt HPS-$180
Grow tent-$85
Pots-$30
Soil & Compost ect.-$10
Light fixtures-$6
Fan-$4
CFL Bulbs-$50
Thermometer/Hum-$20
Timer-$15

FREE:
Seeds and WW crosses(from a friend)
Nutes(from a friend)
Book The Cannabis Bible(from a friend)

That puts me at $400 and I still need to get inline fans for heat but I'm good for now I guess.
I got 2 girls flowering and 9 seedlings on deck(3 WW crosses) everything else is bag seed.

BOOM

Latest posts

Back