Broke-n-Toke Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do my T5's bolted to a paint stir stick get me into the club?? Lol

DSCI0002.JPG

DSCI0003.JPG

That's some damn fine engineering. :aok:
I'm sure it'll do the trick. Is that aloe in the bottom of the second pic?
:watchplant:

Dont rOH.
HTGSupply has a 250HPS system for what those usually run... 90some counting s&h.

Be interestin thread fur total read. Club be fittin to my ways of growin reckon fur sure. Always been a doit me selfer makin things outa junk to suit me need. Sounds like it be quite the fireside here in its day. Sorry to here the site be crashin and wreckin the day.

BWD

r0h87 said:
Need a little help on deciding if I should purchase these 200w CFL bulbs. :confused: I plan to use another CFL but a 40w bulb; it's gonna light up a 2' by 2' section. Thanks in advance.

That is not a 200W bulb. It is a 200W equivalent, which isn't significant when figuring light--you need the REAL wattage. However, the actual wattage is also rather insignificant. When figuring lighting needs, we use lumens per sq ft. For vegging, you want a minimum of 3000 lumens per sq ft and for flowering a minimum of 5000 lumens per sq ft. In addition, for vegging you want a blue spectrum bulb in the 6500K range and for flowering something in the red spectrum 3000K or so. The bulb you have pictured is 2800 lumens, so would adequately light a little less than a sq ft for vegging. For flowering, you would need about 2 bulbs that size for every sq ft of space. So for a 2 x 2' space, you would need about 5 of those lights for vegging (6500K) and about 9 of them (2500-3000K) for flowering. And these are minimums. More light would be better

When you start looking at your lighting this way, you can see the advantages of a HPS, which puts out about twice the light for the same power consumption. In addition, lumen for lumen, a HPS will run cooler and penetrate far better, giving you tighter internodal spacing and better yield. A 250W HPS will emit between 25,000 and 28,000 lumens. It would take approx 10 of the lights shown--over 400W to equal the lumens from one 250W HPS and the light would not penetrate as far.

Count me in, too. I think I've got right at a hundred bucks invested in high output LED's, and lemme tellya, they're working just fine. :D

already a member but putting another fairly cheap with decent quality system together.1000 watt system for under 500--------plantlightinghydroponics-----1000 watt quantum digital ballast $149.90---xtrasun 8 inch air cooled hood $69.00------8 inch phat carbon filter 950 cfm $139.90----8 inch active air inline fan 720 cfm $84.95---total of 445 plus shipping but i went and picked mine up to save on shipping charges.still have pots,nutes anduld lumber laying around

Latest posts

Back