Brown splotch on leaf

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetSoca

Reaction score
one of my 2 week old plants has a brown splotchy thing developing near the tip of one of its (bottom, older) leafs.. i thought at first it was heat stress because my light (400w hps w/ cooltube) was a bit too close and i made the mistake of spraying my plants with h2o while the lights were on. i stopped doing that, raised the light, and got the temp down to about 77-80F, and it looks like the little spot got bigger so it must be something else

i havent added any nutes yet and i'm using the ocean forest stuff without anything added to the soil. i only water about once a day until the the soil is mostly dry. i checked the pH of my water today and noticed it was a bit on the high side (above 7.5 if my liquid tester is correct) so i'm thinking too much alkanine in my water is a possibility. my humidity is very low (around 20%) but i dont think i have any mites. i bought some miticide just in case

any ideas ?

wtf1.jpg

wtf2.jpg

SweetSoca said:
i only water about once a day until the the soil is mostly dry. any ideas ?

What. And maybe its because you water every day?
Maybe Less watering would help you out a little...?

Mine looked like that also, I hear its semi normal for the first
leaves to do that... Just watch the watering.

The spot has gotten bigger :( It seems to be only affecting that one leaf, but I'm still worried.

I hope you're right. I'll try to water every 2 days.

Well, My big plant, Still gets splotches every now and then on the smaller leaves at the bottom. They go away usually. Sometimes the leaf will die in witch I go ahead and pluck it off. Only on the lower leaves though, I dont have this happen on anything but the bottom leaves. Where is your light at? Do you have a small fan to help keep the temps down, But keep the light as close as possible without burning.

Like I said, From my experience, this isnt anything big to worry about. My plants have done really well even when the bottom areas start acting weird as long as they arent getting burned by any nute, I think you are okay. Id sa Just let it grow and let the soil get almost dry all the way through before you water.

:48:

Latest posts

Back