brown spots and not so green

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsm1998gst

Reaction score
When my plant sprouted I had noticed it wasnt the greenest color. Now it has been 2 week since it broke the soil. It isnt getting any greener and has 2 small brown sports on one of the leaves. I hadnt gave it any nutrients yet and it was in MG organic soil. I figured since i hadnt gave it nutrients that it was because it needed some, so i gave it a 1/4 dossage of Schultz 10 -15- 10. It has only been 24 hours since i gave it the plant food but I realy havent seen any changes in the plant yet. It is only 1 plant under a 150 watt HPS , temp is between 70 - 80 and humidity is in the high 40's. I only have 1 fan in the room and have no ventilation. Any suggestions would be great.:hairpull:

The nutes in the MG soil may be too harsh for your young plant. Especially if you gave it more... Maybe try an organic soil, even MG has one if you don't have many options. I'd wait a little longer to see what the Schultz does, and if it worsens, feed it plain water. my .02.

j99 he said it was in MG Organic soil....

That's the problem. MG soil isnt good at all....burns everything up...

I would look into gettign a different soil...then re-pot them...

JerseyFreshB said:
That's the problem. MG soil isnt good at all....burns everything up...

quote]

LOL.. Organic and you say thats the problem, common man....
MG can grow anything with or without ferts, so to tell him that is no good is just bad information....

dsm1998gst= dont worry about those leaves too much, they will end up falling off anyways, as far as the spots, well the leave couldve still had the sac from the shell on it causing it to spot like that, its normal bro, once you get a couple set of leraves then you start to worry about spots.

As far as MG soil, well dont let anyone tell you u cant use it, i seen PLENTY of grows here with MG organic and MG feed soil, I myself have used both and have no complaints, i would definitely add some perlite to the soil tho.. Good Luck.. :aok:

Oops, didn't see it was organic. You should be fine. Just go VERY easy on the nutes until you get a few good sets of leaves and you can tell what the plant likes. Good luck bro.

Latest posts

Back