Bucket Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Real78

Reaction score
I am looking at getting buckets really soon but wanted to know what kind of air pump I should be looking into. I just want to use just one air pump and wanted to know what I could use? Anyone doing that kind of set up or are you guys using one air pump per bucket?

Set up: DWC
Four Buckets

I use pumps made by Hydrofarm called Active Aqua. I use this one in my flowering closet: hXXp://www.hydrofarm.com/pb_detail.php?itemid=7645

I use this one in my vegging closet: hXXp://www.hydrofarm.com/pb_detail.php?itemid=7644

I have used a pump for every bucket (Million Air 600), but like running 1 pump per room better.

Thanks THG I have one per Rubbermaid but the buckets will be coming in about two or three weeks, just waiting on the cash.

I run an Eco Plus with 8 buckets. 1 pump for 8 buckets and a rez tank.

Change the XX to tt

hXXp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/air-pumps-commercial-grade-c-421_468.html

Check with PETCO, they have a 4 outlet house branded one for under $25USD that is rated for a 200 gallon tank and four our uses should hand at least 100 gallon reservoir(s)/buckets.

Before anyone rejects it just because it is house branded rather than name brand, consider that they use them on their exotic fish tanks that have several thousand dollars of fish in them, so they must be dependable or they would be using the name brands.

great smoking.

Sorry guys, my son was logged in and I posted this before I realized it was coming in under his identity. I need to get after him to sign out when he uses my computer and also after myself to check the identity that is logged in. DonJones

ToothDaClown said:
Check with PETCO, they have a 4 outlet house branded one for under $25USD that is rated for a 200 gallon tank and four our uses should hand at least 100 gallon reservoir(s)/buckets.]

Now that's sounds like a great idea and I live close to one. For that price I think I have a winner.:D

Real78 said:
ToothDaClown said:
Check with PETCO, they have a 4 outlet house branded one for under $25USD that is rated for a 200 gallon tank and four our uses should hand at least 100 gallon reservoir(s)/buckets.]

Now that's sounds like a great idea and I live close to one. For that price I think I have a winner.:D

Fish need far less O in their water than plants. Just because a pump is okay for exotic fish does not mean that it is big enough to aerate multiple buckets. You want that water to look like it is really boiling. How much air does it put out and what psi?

Real78 said:

At $25 per bucket I do not see the savings:confused:

I thought your intentions were to have one pump do multiple buckets:confused2:

PCDUCK< 4 outlets lets you run one hose to each of the buckets. From what I have heard, they put out enough air to run way more than one bucke t per outlet.

THG, That is why I said the rule of thumb that I have seen over and over again it to divide the fish tank size rating by 2 in determining the size of hydro reservoir a pump will handle. Personally I would rather divide it by 4 which till gives a 50 gallon size for this pump.

My main point was to check PETCO and then decide for yourself and NOT to disregard something just because it is a house brand. Incidentally, most house brand items are made by a major producer anyway.

At $25 even if he had to use 2 pumps for 10 buckets, it is still an inexpensive option. The similar rated name brands at Petco are approximately twice as much as the house brand.

Great smoking.

DonJones said:
PCDUCK< 4 outlets lets you run one hose to each of the buckets. From what I have heard, they put out enough air to run way more than one bucke t per outlet.

THG, That is why I said the rule of thumb that I have seen over and over again it to divide the fish tank size rating by 2 in determining the size of hydro reservoir a pump will handle. Personally I would rather divide it by 4 which till gives a 50 gallon size for this pump.

My main point was to check PETCO and then decide for yourself and NOT to disregard something just because it is a house brand. Incidentally, most house brand items are made by a major producer anyway.

At $25 even if he had to use 2 pumps for 10 buckets, it is still an inexpensive option. The similar rated name brands at Petco are approximately twice as much as the house brand.

Great smoking.

I have tried them..try 2 stones per bucket with one pump x 10 buckets = $250 for what a $80 pump with a higher psi = more bubbles can do. I continue not to see the savings:confused2:

Latest posts

Back