Bud leakage????????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetnug

Reaction score
I have 75% of my plants that are very close to harvest that are excreting a brown oily substance. It is located toward the top of the main cola, it looks like a very small droplet on the leaf. It is definitely from the bud. I have never seen anything like this. I would post a pic but I dont have a good enough camera to get that close and clear. The "liquid" is amber and kinda clearish. I tasted it and it was sweet and had a distinct aftertaste. The plants got a heat problem a month into flower and are 2 weeks behind, didn't know if it could be due to stress. If anyone has seen this help me out. I am gonna smoke it and see if its got a THC content. Thanx

dude, that is strange. trichomes are amber and clearish, strange leaky amber clearish liquid...id probably smoke it. maybe you grew a THC fountain!

Dude its the craziest dog goned thingever!! It looks like a leaf is dripping from the tip onto the lower leaf, only on the top nugs!? I am frying a bit of it and will try it. If I could post a pic I so would. Never seen anything like it. Only rational is maybe stress induced 'resining' to help stay alive longer, I dont know Haha.

Adding spaces or other characters to the filtered word is not acceptable here. If you attempt to bypass the filter by using any means, it's a direct act against the rules of this site.

It is not resin...Resin does flow, and can not leak like that, it is only contained in the actual trichs.

If I were you i would check the underside of the plants leaves, as there are many common pests that leave a sap or dew on your leaves when they feed. Namely whiteflies and aphids. Give your plant a shake and also inspect the underside of the leaves, but I really would not recommend tasting or smoking this stuff because if it is honeydew from whiteflies or aphids it is basically their crap, aftering drinking the sap from your leaves.

massproducer said:
I really would not recommend tasting or smoking this stuff because if it is honeydew from whiteflies or aphids it is basically their crap, aftering drinking the sap from your leaves.

Dude, Don't tell him that now, He already tasted it! But yeah, that's what I was thinking. It's a honey taste? Weed is a flower...

id say its mold on the in side of the bud water leaking out hate to here that

But the trichs are milky with minimal amber and they look good. It tastes sweet as well. No mold at all!! I am very meticulous. Anything else you can think of? Secretion due to stress? IDK

We need some pics to diagnose your problem accurately. I've never heard of anything like this before so I'm intrigued. Keep us posted. Try to get some pictures. Take care and be safe.

sweetnug said:
But the trichs are milky with minimal amber and they look good. It tastes sweet as well. No mold at all!! I am very meticulous. Anything else you can think of? Secretion due to stress? IDK

Secretions of what???

Have you inspected all of your leaves for tiny bugs? This is somewhat of a common occurance with pests. You need to really check, you may even need to get a 10-30x loup, to get a nice look

sweetnug said:

What is your humidity at?

I have seen a picture of this... on this forum I believe... or maybe in a magazine? Either way, it was said to be resin secretion. I know nothing of why it happens or anything else for that matter. Well, I do know the way you described it is the exactly the way a resin excretion would be described.

I do not have a camera that is that good to see the droplets. It is very simple, it looks like a droplet of amber oily liquid. Its only on the very top of 50% of the nugs. Also it is a small droplet about 5 times the size of a pinhead only one droplet on them. Resin secretion sounds like what it could be just never heard of it. Like I said they were pretty stressed for a couple weeks due to my a/c freezing up, which sucked. Humidity is 51 % on average. There are no pests!!!! I have a 60x scope and have looked at almost all parts. If there were enough pests to secrete that much '****' then I would most likely be able to see them with the naked eye.

I saw this before also in a picture of a cured bud, the resin hardened and it was clear in color. Its resin secretion. Let it be and it should harden

Thats what I thought, just thought it was a wet dream!! I put some of it on a paper and let it dry. Its still a little wet but I will tell ya how it comes out. Does anyone think its the stress that would do that (heat).

Latest posts

Back