How is this for the first yeild?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uuzeee

Reaction score
Hi folks,
So I just harvested the first plant it may have been slightly premature, as the top pristels are still white, lower were brown.
The tricombs were amber on all the small sugar leaves, but the rest of the bud were all milky. I was looking for the early stage anyways.
Looks like a small yeild but not bad for the first grow. I guess the buds may have been larger if I left them to grow more.
The buds themselves are very dense and we're tipping over the whole stock when I was harvesting. Thanks to all for the invaluble content this site provides.

Also, Im renaming this strain as the Big Sur strain. es un dia glorioso!

Attachments

• IMG-20230723-WA0010.jpeg
    IMG-20230723-WA0010.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-20230723-WA0017.jpeg
    IMG-20230723-WA0017.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-20230723-WA0013.jpeg
    IMG-20230723-WA0013.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hi folks,
So I just harvested the first plant it may have been slightly premature, as the top pristels are still white, lower were brown.
The tricombs were amber on all the small sugar leaves, but the rest of the bud were all milky. I was looking for the early stage anyways.
Looks like a small yeild but not bad for the first grow. I guess the buds may have been larger if I left them to grow more.
The buds themselves are very dense and we're tipping over the whole stock when I was harvesting. Thanks to all for the invaluble content this site provides.

Also, Im renaming this strain as the Big Sur strain. es un dia glorioso!

The tricombs were amber on all the small sugar leaves,
I harvest based on the trichomes on the buds. The reasoning being that I smoke the buds. You can smoke sugar leaves but they tend to be harsher than the buds. Either way, you will be happy smoking your first grow I am sure. Not a bad haul. Congratulations.

i was wondering if my girl is ready to harvest yet my first grow as well
Get an eye loupe or a usb microscope to look at the trichomes on the buds. I harvest when the buds trichomes are 20-30% amber(a guesstimate). Just eyeballing your picture, I would say you have 2+ more weeks. Your buds will continue to get frostier and usually if you cut back on nitrogen, you will get some color(‘the fade’) on the fan and sugar leaves. Nice looking bud, bud.

Latest posts

Back