Yellowing leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And now you really know how catwoman got her start

my favorite cat woman

IMG_4932.jpeg

So this yellowing leaves post has grown with my plant... now I'm asking about harvesting.... I feel like a kid about to graduate elementary school :). So from what I've read, new growers always want to harvest too early, and you're not likely to harvest too late because it just gets more couch lock-y, so it's best for me to wait until I feel like I've waited too long, and then harvest... do I have that about right?

You know, I started this out by saying I wanted to be an active member of the community once I learned my way around. Well, as this has gone on it's occurred to me I could do this for years and still not have even a fraction of the knowledge you all do.... I mean, how do you know so much lol. Short of working for a grow operation full time I don't see how I can ever get caught up... I'll get to where I can grow my own, but to help someone else... that's tough.

You can harvest the buds that are done and leave the others on for a while longer if you are looking for more amber. You may like less amber better. I don’t let mine go to amber anymore but do like to see some amber. But now you have a plant with both, you could harvest and separate to see which you like better for next time…

You can harvest the buds that are done and leave the others on for a while longer if you are looking for more amber. You may like less amber better. I don’t let mine go to amber anymore but do like to see some amber. But now you have a plant with both, you could harvest and separate to see which you like better for next time…
So for you, you would call my plant done? I've read alot of opposing info on the color of the trichomes which I guess just goes to show there's not perfect time. I just started flushing this week. Ive watered it twice with just water so far. I guess I would at least want to finish 3-4 waterings like that before a harvest, again from what I've read. Does that sound right?

If you are at 40-60% amber, I would harvest those. That will be couch locky at this point. I aim for 20-30% but that is just an estimate.

You will get better informed the longer you grow. Everyone wants to know everything immediately but that rarely is possible. Next year you will realize you know a lot more than you thought you would if you keep at it. And making mistakes are sometimes the best way to learn. Those lessons stay with you.

So for you, you would call my plant done? I've read alot of opposing info on the color of the trichomes which I guess just goes to show there's not perfect time. I just started flushing this week. Ive watered it twice with just water so far. I guess I would at least want to finish 3-4 waterings like that before a harvest, again from what I've read. Does that sound right?
If I had 40-60% amber on my plant it would definitely be coming down but you are absolutely right different strokes for different folks. Some say a little less amber is less of a couch lock buzz depending on what you’re into. Personally, I like a mix of each to choose from. All my weed so far has worked one way or the other some I like better than others. Don’t know if it’s when I harvested it or just good genetics but I’ve been lucky so far.

I chopped her down on Sunday. It was actually kind of sad. She was my first and … chopping her down seemed cruel lol but you could tell she was pulling nutrients from the leaves, she was ready to go. I currently have the whole plant hanging upside down in my tent. It averages 75-77 without the lights. Humidity was around 43-45 but by blowing the fan on a container of water I've gotten it up to 52-55. Not really sure how to raise it anymore without buying a humidifier and then I'll be struggling with too high humidity although I guess I could programmy fans toramp up if the humidity got too high. Is it ok now you think ?

I chopped her down on Sunday. It was actually kind of sad. She was my first and … chopping her down seemed cruel lol but you could tell she was pulling nutrients from the leaves, she was ready to go. I currently have the whole plant hanging upside down in my tent. It averages 75-77 without the lights. Humidity was around 43-45 but by blowing the fan on a container of water I've gotten it up to 52-55. Not really sure how to raise it anymore without buying a humidifier and then I'll be struggling with too high humidity although I guess I could programmy fans toramp up if the humidity got too high. Is it ok now you think ?
I see you have some AC Infinity equipment. Do you have one of their controllers? If so their programmable humidifier is the ticket. I just got one and will be using it in the drying tent but the unit will sit outside the tent.

I see you have some AC Infinity equipment. Do you have one of their controllers? If so their programmable humidifier is the ticket. I just got one and will be using it in the drying tent but the unit will sit outside the tent.
Oh I didn't even know that was a thing! I do have one of their controllers. It has four ports all of which re in use with two lights an inline fan and an oscillating fan buti could easily remove the oscillating fan and just have itrun at a constant speed all the time. Thanks for the info!

Oh I didn't even know that was a thing! I do have one of their controllers. It has four ports all of which re in use with two lights an inline fan and an oscillating fan buti could easily remove the oscillating fan and just have itrun at a constant speed all the time. Thanks for the info!
This is what you are looking for. They have much bigger ones but this is more than enough for me.

AC Infinity Humidifier

Latest posts

Back