budding already?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pimpdaddycoolz

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I cant get pictures tonight, but i will tomorrow to show you guys what im talkin about. I always grow indoors, but this year i decided to try outdoors and im not the MOST familiar with how it all goes, its a new experiance. I had a few out last summer, but i started them late.

Anyways back on subject, I put my plants outdoors on about march 1st. I live near the napa wine country in california and didnt really have much frost. My plants are BEAUTIFUL, but it seems like they are like.... BUDDING. i mean, like they are gonna be ready in a month or 2 at the most. I dont know if im tripping and they have a lot of maturity still to go, or whats really goin on? 2 of my plants are just showing pistils, but look young still i guess. But all of my clones, and my trainwreck seed are well on their way. ill get a photo up tomorrow, but correct me if im mistaken. they shouldnt be done until the first rain, or about october correct?:holysheep:

First rain has nothing to do with it. They are budding because on march first we have more than 12 hours of dark. That is too early to move sexiualy mature plants outside. planting seeds around the middle of march is ok but thats about the earliest you want to start in the northern hem. The days are getting longer now so they should start to revert back to the veg stage. You will probally end up with plants that dont get very big by fall or you can harvest what buds you have and start over. Or you may can cut the buds leaving about 1/3 of the plant too regrow and hit it with a strong dose of nitrogen. Good luck.

Absolutely, Prune those buds off and hit with Veg Nutes. The buds you have on there now more than likely will never mature.. That plant will revert to full veg in the next couple weeks or so and then will bloom again when time is right.

I am not very experienced with growing MJ outdoors, but I have seen that happen with other plants that should be fall bloomers and try to bloom in an early warm spring where the plant comes alive earlier than it should've.

DAMN!!!!!!! hahahaha I started a few others. Ill probably just move em indoors now. Finish em up inside. They got off to a great start though!

That's what I would do. Move them inside and finish them. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

yeah ill go get some pics real quick just for your guyses enjoyment, i know i love lookin at them atleast. But yeah i already set my grow room back up for the most part. they'll be back indoors tomorrow evening. they were mostly indoor plants anyways. I had some bubble gum, a hindu kush, white widow, and some Skunk. and one trainwreck which looks quite nice if i do say so myself hahahha but give me a few minutes and ill get em up

k the first 3 are my trainwreck. Its quite skiny but im hoping for some fat buds. it grew straight up and now that i got it to the hieght i wanted, i fed it some humbold county BUSHMASTER. now that i have to move that plant indoors, i regret not using those nutes earlier. Ohhh well tho! its all good.

The rest of the pics are of random plants, from the bublegum to the hindu, to the skunk and white widow.

The last picture however, you can see that the caterpiller got to it. Thats one of the 3 plants ill be able to keep outdoors since it didnt bud up yet. I FOUND THAT LITTLE BUGGER THO!!!!! HE TRIED TO ATTACK ME NO JOKE!!!!! :holysheep:

he ran at me HEKA FAST and tried to bite me or sumthin. I got him off tho and now i have a healthy plant! but any comments? is there any suggestions?!?!?! Im always open for that! anything i can try, id love to make my babies happier. :hubba:

time to light up soo!!!!!! I cant wait! my allergies are killin me! :ccc:

SANY2776.JPG

SANY2784.JPG

SANY2778.JPG

SANY2779.JPG

SANY2780.JPG

SANY2781.JPG

SANY2782.JPG

SANY2783.JPG

i also have da same problem but i started my plants outside in mid march from seeds i got from a bag of gdp i den mixed dat seed with skunk 1 she not flowering dat bad jus shownin sex started doing dat bout a week or so ago wat u guys think ill post pics to show u but she is not buded jus showin sex

If its just showing sex they are fine then. leave them outdoors. My other ones are all showing sex, but they arnt BUDDING like most of my plants. Im gonna leave the 3 that are just showing outside tho. You'll be fine! I'd like to see your pics for sure tho!

so a plant showing pistils prematurely doesnt mean that its out of the vegetative stage, only if its budding?

my plants are full on budding... Like they are almost done. Just showing a few pistils here and there is completely normal. I have like a month or two at the MOST until my plants are done. most of them anyways.

Latest posts

Back