Budmans first go...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BudMan101

Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying seeds, i been trying to grow a plant by using seeds that i got from my guy, but i don't think they're going to grow since i used the paper towel process and no root popped out & also they never sunk when i put them into a glass of water. So my question is, when you order seeds do you ship it to your address or set up a P.O.Box since i heard police track some of these purchases somehow.
Also, did anyone ever try growing the seeds u get from buying bud from your connect?

Never grow seeds you find in street weed. You shouldn't even be buying that rubbish. Bud stops producing trichs when it starts producing seeds, no good to buy. If there are seeds in your bud it means it either hermied or there was a male in the room. Not worth taking the chance. If it was a hermie could contaminate your grow and others around you.

I always have them sent directly to me. Never been a problem. If your worried get disguised post. They send it in a selection of ordinary things.

PuffinNugs said:
you do know that some of the best genetics around imo were from bagseed (og kush, sour diesel). some of my best plants were from bagseed also.

the hermy thing is right, but nowdays i dont trust half the breeders out there anymore when your buying femmed seed, your getting the same chance of getting a hermy from them as bagseed lately. only thing good about it you know "exactly" what strain its suppose to be.

when i find a bean in some good dank i keep it, i buy alotof beans also. i dont recommend bagseed but some great plants can come out of them, i wouldnt say not worth a try.

I also keep the ones that look good too. Actually the one i got last night sunk to the bottom of the glass, so it might be good! **keeping fingers crossed** lol
Also, what does hermy mean? I'm new to growing so i dont understand the language yet.
Also, how many time should i water my plant? I see when i lift the pot there is a lot of water residue on the bottom. Is it because i give it too much water or is it because it saves it for photosynthesis? Thanks a lot if you answer back. I know you replied a few days ago.

Hmm, i see. So there are transsexual plants now?? What is the world coming too.. smh lol
Anyway, I think i just planted my first seed that actually showed a root. Is there anything i should watch out for so i don't ruin this plant? The soil i use is for seed growth. I got it from home depot. Is that something like what you use?

BudMan101, that seed starter soil at homedepot , and stores like HD,Lowes, Target, walmart, etc... Are not the best, so switch to something better with your next transplant. your not ready to mix your own so, go to a hydroponics store if at all possible, or a plant nursery that carries something like promix or Roots organic 707 or Fox Farms ocean forest. As far as seed starting goes, I like to use 1/4 teaspoon of liquid (not gel) Clonex to one cup of bottled water.. I pour a little of the mix in something small with a lid... Put seeds in by strain, and soak for 12-24 hours. I usually go straight to root riot plugs if the seed opens and the tail is showing sometimes I need to put the seeds on a damp paper towel- in a baggie or a plastic food container. I keep the seeds in a dark place (cupboard - under a cabinet - something like that). Once germinated i plant in the root riot or treated rockwool). You will want the proper nutes too - don't go buying miracle grow! Ask here first, before you get your wallet out! Home depot is not the place to shop for your cannabis products. And as for "transsexual" plants (as you put it, LOL) no, they are capable of either and can change according to the temps, environment and stress levels. It's capable of one, the other, and both! Truly built for survival in any situation! :p
Try getting on eBay or amazon and picking up a Jorge Cervantes grow guide, you will benefit from it! Best of luck

I first need to learn how to transplant, but i figured it wasn't the best. I wanted to see if i can make the plant grow b4 i go out spending cash. Thanks for the recommendations for the soil though. My seeds germinated yesterday! I put all 5 in one small pot though lol. I got them from my guys baggie, which means i basically paid $5 for some seeds. I was reading up that i need to get the plant some food, a miracle grow spray... maybe from pathmark. As far as i knew water was food already. How long do i need to wait until i see some plant come out of the dirt?

BudMan101 said:
I first need to learn how to transplant, but i figured it wasn't the best. I wanted to see if i can make the plant grow b4 i go out spending cash. Thanks for the recommendations for the soil though. My seeds germinated yesterday! I put all 5 in one small pot though lol. I got them from my guys baggie, which means i basically paid $5 for some seeds. I was reading up that i need to get the plant some food, a miracle grow spray... maybe from pathmark. As far as i knew water was food already. How long do i need to wait until i see some plant come out of the dirt?

You are really operating under some misconceptions. I really really encourage you to do some reading up on what it takes to get a plant to harvest. The seeds you are using could very very well be hermie seeds (I never, never use bagseed)--I doubt that you are going to find seeds out of a $5 bag to be quality seeds. You should not be planting 5 seeds in one pot. You are going to need way way more than "plant food" and miracle grow spray (don't know what that is, but I recommend against that also). What kind of money do you have to spend on your grow and what size space do you have to use?

BudMan101 said:
Actually the one i got last night sunk to the bottom of the glass, so it might be good! **keeping fingers crossed** lol
rofl, sounds like me about ten years ago, lol I suggest that you research your newly found hobby and in a few weeks or months when you aquire all the tools and genetics necessary; start an op. Also if I had to pick one person off the forum to take advice from my first pick would 100% be

The Hemp Goddess

i'm using a trail method. Just to see if the plant will grow. Weed has been growing itself for thousand years with no help from humans.. im sure my 5 seeds will grow out. I just want to see if i have the time and space. As far as research, i been reading up on it from this forum and the high times mag. How long does it take for the plant to grow out of the soil for the first time? And thanks everyone for the help. I'll post up some pics so you everyone can see how their advice is helping!

What is the trail method?

There is a huge difference between wild hemp that has been growing for thousands of years with no help from humans and the quality genetics that we grow today. And while the seeds may grow out, it is a question of quality. Do you want to spend 5 months growing something to end up with low quality smoke? In addition, it is not going to grow on its own--there are certain minimum requirements for indoor growing--lights, ventilation, the correct soil mixture, correct nutrients, correct temps, correct RH, etc, etc.

It generally takes a couple of days for the seeds to break through the soil if they have been pre-germinated.

Just seeing if this is something I want to dedicate a lot of time too. Hence why I didnt spend money buying seeds and expensive equipmentt. But I'm interested in just growing one plant. I just want to do it the best way and seeing how long it would take me and also how much time It will take up.

The last seeds I planted came up the next day -- the first seeds I planted took two weeks to sprout -- it depends a lot on the strain and pheno of the seeds -- average is probably a few days to a week -- good luck -- I love this hobby -- it is having affects on me I never even considered, and I am NOT buying questionable weed from unsavory people anymore :) You will need time, patience and some dedication to get it right (not to mention $) These plants are precious and require a lot of attention -- you need a space and a plan, but we all did it -- so can you :)

Good luck

HF

Latest posts

Back