Buds tooo heavy, Damage is done!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary18

Reaction score
Eight weeks into Bud, Big, Thick, Loaded with crystals,but only about 20% of the white filaments have turned red,figured another two weeks. Was gonna start my flushing 2day, THEN DISASTER STRIKES....
This morning during morning watering she splits her stock right down the center, I wrap her and bind her, think I saved her THEN AGAIN...DISASTER...
The Damd stock SNAPS two inchs above the soil..:stoned: :cry: :cry: :confused2: ...
Now the question, how do I rinse the nutes out of her so shes not a complete loss??????
Buds are 8-10in long, about 4in thick maybe alittle more, tight and hard, sticky and stinky. Wow what a loss, the other 4 I have at the same stage are healthy and heavy with bud, but they have heavier stocks and seem to have no or little strain on them.
Would be greatful for any rinse remidies I can start as soon as possible.
Thanks

That sounds like a really bad day. Got any pics of how this happened?

Dont freak over not flushing, I never do.

Just dry and cure as normal.

You dont want to look at the pistols to determine if its ready or not. You want to look at the trich's. Many people on this site belive that flushing is a myth and properly dried and cured weed retains no fertilizer taste.

You can still flush a cut plant by placing the stalk in distilled water and putting it in indirect light, like fresh flowers in a vase. Then give it a few days and hang it as you normally would. Works great.

Flushing is a myth? Not for nute heavy strains like big bud its not, smoke some weed where the ash is black and looks like honeycomb and your throat burns and then tell me flushing is a myth. If you would like I can look up university papers on flushing commercial crop plants that are grown with synthetics, I don't want to but if you wish I'm sure I can find the links again.

I should start bookmarking this stuff.

Oh I suppose I should point out that I am not saying ALL plants need to be flushed, but heavy feeders definetly do.

Just had the same happen to one of mine the other day.... Peel off the big fan leaves and hang it up. Not much more you can do. I don't flush, but some people swear by it.

Killuminati420 said:
hows that work out GD?

Sweet and smooth.
I have yet to experience any of the flush myths that people say happen.

Tater said:
You can still flush a cut plant by placing the stalk in distilled water and putting it in indirect light, like fresh flowers in a vase. Then give it a few days and hang it as you normally would. Works great.

Flushing is a myth? Not for nute heavy strains like big bud its not, smoke some weed where the ash is black and looks like honeycomb and your throat burns and then tell me flushing is a myth. If you would like I can look up university papers on flushing commercial crop plants that are grown with synthetics, I don't want to but if you wish I'm sure I can find the links again.

I should start bookmarking this stuff.

Oh I suppose I should point out that I am not saying ALL plants need to be flushed, but heavy feeders definetly do.

I could pull up just as many links that say flushing is a myth. There are people here on this very forum who have grown tons of strains for 20+ years that say they never flush.

I will tend to belive someone who has 20 years experiance doing something over a random link on the internet but the bottom line is there are just as many ways to grow weed as there are strains of weed. If flushing works for you thats great keep doing it!

Thanks for all the input, she did not get heavy nutes, all Fox at this stage, Tiger and Big Bloom every 15 days. The Big at only half the recemended dose, I think the ash and charcoal mixed in with my rock base is something I will do with all my girls in the future, she has a twin that is slowwer then she was and the only diff is the ash from my fire pit in the back yard.
Shes already hanging and I still dont know the cause of this brittle stock, she has always had plenty of well balenced water, 6.6 ph, soil is FFOF, dont know unless its the strain.
Sorry didnt take time for pics, straight snap at the base only a couple stringers from the bark remained.
Again thanks for the input.

The only problem you'll have is that it will be immature, like Growdude I notice no difference flush / no flush.

Thanks Leaf thats one of my biggest disapointments, she was soooo close and soooo heavy. In all reality too heavy, just hope she dont taste too green.I've never been a pick alittle here and there type a guy, I beleave in letting the whole plant mature and harvest the whole thing. So this will be different experience for me.

Gary, did you have a sizable fan in the grow area? If not, get one. Makes a world of difference brother. I was going to recommend splinting till I read further down and see that it snapped off. Stick in a glass of water as Tater said. All you can do. I had the same thing happen 25 years ago. It had like three leaves left on the stalk below the break. I almost tore it out. I waited a few days, it went crazy BONZAI on me! Biggest, baddest, sugar-coated bud I ever grew! Give it a try if applicable to you.

Yes I do, three actually, one for venting and two that are on timers with different speeds. Dont think there is anything left on the remaining stock, the main stock had y'd and the two branchs wiegh about 3lbs each and pull away from each other. I had bamboo to help hold it up, but tied up too high on the budstem and thus the wieght shifted down onto the mainstock.
I've never harvested early or at all for that matter since using the Fox product line so I dont really know about the importance of flushing with it.
As I'm seeing alot of folks dont and never have flushed, I'll find out in a couple weeks, will let ya know.

Latest posts

Back