butter question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsouza59

Reaction score
made first butter today, looks like it worked fine, can I just put it on toast or pancake now or does it need to be used in baked goods, used 30 grams bud to 1 lb butter, not sure how it is going to taste but thought toast would be a way to try it out, never have ate it before, looking for some recipes

you somke it1

;)

Use it anywhere you would use butter!

:yeahthat:

my first was tested on a cracker..

enjoy

Garlic flavored Matzo
Its the biggest cracker in the world.

/thread :rofl:

It going to taste bad but once you get past that side of it, its great stuff :)

:peace:

put it into something sweet or salty and you won't taste a thing.
Double Chocolate Fudge Brownies are my achilles heel.

i made caramel shortbread ,,the taste is somewhat disguised ,,but wow what a high :fly:

jsouza59 said:
made first butter today, looks like it worked fine, can I just put it on toast or pancake now or does it need to be used in baked goods, used 30 grams bud to 1 lb butter, not sure how it is going to taste but thought toast would be a way to try it out, never have ate it before, looking for some recipes
Literally, look at the boxes of mix for the things you like that have to be baked. ANYTHING that uses "Butter" in the recipe, you can substitute the cannabutter for.

The louder the taste of the food, the less you'll taste the cannabutter.

This is not rocket science.

StoneyBud said:
This is not rocket science.

It is when Jsouza59 stipulates its the first time.

So its going to be a new experience taste so would have no idea of the importance of trying to distract from that taste.

Jsouza59, its going to have a nasty taste, maybe you want to have a glass of milk to wash it down :)

HippyInEngland said:
It is when Jsouza59 stipulates its the first time.

Nope, still not rocket science. Get real dude.

Melt butter, put weed in for a few minutes at simmer. Use butter in anything.

Wow. Rocket science has way more instructions.

Hhaahahahahaahhaa

Go for it Jsouza59. You can't do it wrong. Just cover the taste up somehow.

some people use jelly I prefer syrup...chris rock.

StoneyBud said:
Nope, still not rocket science. Get real dude.

Melt butter, put weed in for a few minutes at simmer. Use butter in anything.

Wow. Rocket science has way more instructions.

Hhaahahahahaahhaa

Go for it Jsouza59. You can't do it wrong. Just cover the taste up somehow.

Ignore the post above.

I think before you try your butter it is best to mention that oral consumption is very different than smoking.

It is a much more intense world consuming experience.

You need to gradually build up to find your level where your physical limit is.

Cannabutter can seriously trip you out.

Cannabutter is no stronger than smoked weed is. It's only problem arises when used in excess.

If one gram of weed is used to create butter, it has no more strength than one gram of weed smoked. The effects are slower and the high a bit different.

The problems arise when people expect the high to come on as quickly as when smoked. It doesn't. Some people then ingest more in an effort to find the high. Once it does come on, then they've taken too much.

btw HIE, who exactly do you think you are to tell a member to ignore another member? You aren't a Moderator. I would advise you to keep your personal attacks to yourself or put them into a PM as you know you should. I've asked Hick to contact you and advise you AGAIN on how to act in the open forum.

... Boys, boys, boys,.... two of our most knowledgeable and helpfull members rollin' around in the mud, kicking and scratchin' and pullin' hair ??? .. comon', you're both better and I'm disappointed :eek:
"Ignore" his post was... neither nice, nor good advice. Stoney will never intentionally post poor advice or mislead anyone here.
On the same note, I don't see "ignore" as a personal attack..;) but a difference of opinions maybe. And should have been posted as such... as in "IMO" :hubba:
I don't think rendering butter is either as difficult nor as simple as you two have attempted to convey, in an effort to discredit one another. It isn't rocket science, but theres a bit more to it than just tossing weed in a kettle of butter.
IMO you've both diminished your quality of advice, by/through discrediting the other.
It is good advice "IMO".. to be cautious when ingesting with butter. I've been smoking for over 30 years, and have smoked as potent of weed as this world has to offer. BUT... my first experience with canna butter brownies was NOT a pleasant one.
"My" words of advice.... Stick with "one" brownie,(or one piece of toast) ;) until you have determined the strength of the butter and your personal level of tolerance. ;) It is most certainly a 'different' high, and if over indulged, "can" be daunting.

I agree completely Hick.

1. Put weed into melted butter so that the weed is submerged.

2. Simmer it for about 30 minutes.

3. Carefully remove weed and press out the butter into a dish.

4. Put into fridge.

5. Make anything that uses butter in the recipe, but use your new butter.

6. Eat only the equivilant of a half gram of weed. If you can't figure this step out, then don't use cannabutter.

7. DON'T USE MORE THAN THAT. IF YOU DO, YOU'LL BE SORRY YOU DID.

While not being rocket science, it does have 7 steps. Keep in mind that many people a year end up in an emergency room because they got impatient and ate more than the equivialant of a half gram of weed.

If you really want to be exact, you can put exactly one half gram of weed into a batch of brownies. That's right, just drop it right into the corner of the pan and poke it into the batter. Cook the brownies. Then, chew up and swallow the bite with the weed in it. It'll be a little chewy if you didn't shred it first.

Swallow the bite.

You've just eaten a half gram of cooked weed with exactly the same chemical structure as when using cannabutter, but it has some fiber in it.

Wait for at least one hour.

If you're not high, then don't ever use cannabutter.

If you are high, then enjoy it and next time, just make cannabutter and don't get crazy when you eat it.

Thanks Hick. You're right. There is a slight bit more to it than slapping it into a pan with some butter. Not much, but a little.

Latest posts

Back