California's Finest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cultivator

Reaction score
Hello all-
I am new to these forums and, similarly, I am new to the field of marijuana growth and cultivation.

I have approximately one half of square acre here in Los Angeles, California, where I will be able to grow a fair number of outdoor plants. My question to all of you, before I begin this endeavor, is what are historically the best growing plants in California?

Of course, I have considered any and every strain proclaiming its "California" heritage in its name, but I'm talking climate wise - what is best? My land receives approx. 6-8 hours of solid sunlight daily, temperatures from a bare minimum of about 40F (night) and a maximum of 68F (peak daytime). Temps will also be warming up in the coming weeks/months.

Of course, there is a fair amount of research I will need to conduct before planting my first crop, but for now, I need to decide on a strain.

So again, my (first) question for all of you is, what do you believe is the best strain to grow in California, both in terms of climate and geographical significance?

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide, and I'm looking forward to being a contributive member of your society.

Best,
- C

Big venture. Click that banner on top of the page and browse some seeds. I would prob look for a sativa dominant strain that will get big for outdoor summer. When you order those seeds, find you female, clone her and plant away. GL.

Lots and lots of good strains originated in cali...take your pic! Even the seeds that are comeing from the netherlands now....many originated in cali, and were sent there to be comercialized.

if you want to use clones and can get em I would go with purple kush, blue dream, afgoo/ey, grand daddy pruple..the purple plants and indicas dont mind the cooler weather as much as the sativas do.. I wouldnt put any baby plant out in 40 degree weather tho I plant on planting out in april and I live in the central valley

Bubba kush is a great strain outdoors but for the most part all strains will to well in SC because of its consistent warm weather! I live in SC as well and I usually start in late march early april depending on the weather forcast and finish early to mid october! Snowcap is another cali strain that grows very well outdoors but im not sure as to where you can abtain seeds or clones for that strain!

Latest posts

Back