can fan intake filter for pollination chamber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chriswhit123

It's always 420 somewhere
Reaction score
has anyone used one of these to filter pollen? I'm building a isolation/pollination chamber. My exhaust fan for the chamber is a 4" 188 cfm inline fan. I need to filter both intake and exhaust and curious of the quality and weather this can be used for both. The chamber is gonna be sealed up fully and drip irrigated where its in my flower room.
I'm also considering installing several pc fans individually controlled or set up to give a light swirl affect for maximum pollination in open air. My chamber is L77" x w36" x H42" The top and front is mostly glass. Its intake draws air from a co2 enriched room just off the floor and dumps on the other side up high. The male will be in the intake side and the females will be down wind. 2 sets of sand blasting gloves will be installed in the front with needed supplies inside and an empty sealed ammo box to put any dead leaves so there sealed up and don't cause any issues.
Any add on ideas and thoughts on the can fan filter would be greatly appreciated. Maybe some do's and do not do's from anyone with experience would be great to.
can air.jpg

Reactions: TOA
Never used that one.

Is there a reason you want to do open air instead of dusting certain branches and marking them?

I usually separate the females I want to breed, dust them, then mist with water and put them back into the room. If I do this several times to one plant I will mark the branches with colored zip ties and write down what pollen goes to what color.

It has worked really well for me and prevents from having to have multiple grow chambers.

Just an idea.

Good luck!

Never used that one.

Is there a reason you want to do open air instead of dusting certain branches and marking them?

I usually separate the females I want to breed, dust them, then mist with water and put them back into the room. If I do this several times to one plant I will mark the branches with colored zip ties and write down what pollen goes to what color.

It has worked really well for me and prevents from having to have multiple grow chambers.

Just an idea.

Good luck!
mostly don't get a large number of seeds marking branches and I have a couple land race strains. could be the way I pollinate but not sure. I figured I'd seed dedicated clones and preserve a pure indica and a pure sativa. then I'll have plenty of seeds to play around with a little crossing and or back crossing. I also have no place to keep a male inside so i figured just build a breeding chamber and having thousands of seeds to select from.

Latest posts

Back