Vivosun 2x4 tent ventilation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sardgeSSS

Reaction score
The tent has a fan and filter to blow out the air as well as 2 6 inch fans for circulation. My question is... How does fresh air get into the tent? There are several other intake sites on the tent including 4 inch holes that can be sealed closed as well as screen windows that have covers over them. I am concerned about leaving any of these open which would allow light into the tent. All of the tutorials I have read or viewed only talk about the exhaust and not the intake.

Flexible dryer hose is what I use. Run maybe 4 ft of it into the inlet at the bottom and fold it back on itself outside the tent(so it looks like a J). The 180 degree bend eliminates the light from reflecting into the tent. If you are concerned about reflection though, you can spray the inside of the duct with flat black paint.

Also it isn't airtight. The light shouldn't be that hot if it's an led. Zip everything up and turn the fan on medium. The tent will suck in a little and you should adjust till you're around 80 degrees or so. If the sides of the tent suck in too far, the fan is working too hard, and the dryer vent that OF mentioned is needed.

Also it isn't airtight. The light shouldn't be that hot if it's an led. Zip everything up and turn the fan on medium. The tent will suck in a little and you should adjust till you're around 80 degrees or so. If the sides of the tent suck in too far, the fan is working too hard, and the dryer vent that OF mentioned is needed.
Negative pressure is what you want to a certain point. A little is better than none(you aren’t getting a lot of fresh air) or too much(you are taxing your fan as lesso said). If it sucks in too much you can lower the fan speed(with a rheostat if it doesn’t have speed adjustment) or by adding a 2nd inlet duct.

Air gets into the tent by the negative pressure created by the exhaust fan pulling air out. As previously stated, slight negative pressure is desirable. On your tent, you want to open one of those vents along the floor and this will be what is a called a passive intake.

You want to open a vent on the opposite side of your exhaust port so air is pulled in across your plants. Air takes the path of least resistance so if you have a vent open directly below your exhaust, it just pulls air directly up. Of course your circulation fans inside (which stay on all the time) will move the air around, but I still think opposite is best.

You could put a booster fan on this port to blow air into the tent, but it is not always needed. Imo it's just one more piece of equipment to add heat, use electricity or break.

As far as blocking light, I use the round port opposite of my exhaust and have some round flexible ducting about 6feet long inserted into the port and the draw strings tightened around that. This extra flex tube is then coiled into a circle to prevent light from taking a direct path into the tent. This tubing is also black on the inside to prevent any reflection. If you do not like this idea, you can build a light blocking box out of cardboard and tape to cover the port and it serves the same function - letting air in, but not light-google will show you how to build it. There are also products called light baffles, secret jarden makes them, but they involve cutting into your tent but the plus is you can put it wherever you want. To me, the long, flexible, coiled up hose is the easiest and cheapest alternative.

716488420.jpg

Last edited:
Flexible dryer hose is what I use. Run maybe 4 ft of it into the inlet at the bottom and fold it back on itself outside the tent(so it looks like a J). The 180 degree bend eliminates the light from reflecting into the tent. If you are concerned about reflection though, you can spray the inside of the duct with flat black paint.
I run the fan to an upper vent w/ flexible dryer hose and open a bottom vent enough to feel the air flow with my hand (medium setting). My basement is dark and I'm assuming it's dark enough since my buds seem fine.

Latest posts

Back