Can i clone from a seedling?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brookside302

Reaction score
The circumstances that im workin with is that my plant is still a seedling but there is barely any rootmass. The stem is long and stragly. The are indentations on the stem from where is has fell over. Can i clone it by makeing a cutting a little higher on the stem and using root hormone?

It would take longer to clone a seedling then to grow a new one,lol. Plus im not sure if you can even clone a seedling? Wouldent it just stress it out and probably give it some balls later on?

yer best bet would be to take the seedling and moisten (not wet) the soil so that you could remove the seedling from the pot and gently let the soil fall away from the minimal rootmass and then simply replant it into a pot (bigger if you want to) so that only a little bit is sticking out from the soil below the cotelyden leaves (the 2 round suckers).

just be super careful not to mess up and break the taproot... just trail it along the bottom of the pot if it's long.

add a support to the seedling if you have to, as well.

:yeahthat: id say replant it too. I jsut had one that got pulled up by the house cat and all ive doen is recut under water and put some rootone on it and back into the soil she went, looks to be taking nicely too.

Latest posts

Back