Can Ne1 help recognizing deficiency? pics inside!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loko17

Reaction score
Hi,

Im having a hell of a problem recognizing whats wrong with these girlies. All help will be deeply apprecieated.

They are in good quality soil 60% and 40% perlite and dolomite was added.. Temperature is at 86F/day 64F/night. Humidity is at 35-55%
They have been watered with water phed to 6.9 with worm castings. The soil's ph is still low at 6.1
Any 1 know what this could be?

Super Skunk.jpg

S S.jpg

your plants are flowering..

it will pull N out of their fan leaves to produce the buds..

perfectly normal.

let them yellow out.. and when plant is done, it will wither then you just
tap it off.

IMO

Thanks for replying so quickly. Unfortunatelly this is only 4th week of flowering so at this rate they will have no leaves by week 5.
I thought it was MG def since soil's ph was 6.1 and the leaves affected were only middle leaves. Lower Leaves are still dark green.

Wassup Loko,
I would say it is a Magnesium deficiency also, and this is very common indoors with a p.h under 7%. Magnesium is usually found in the soil but it is unavailable when the soil becomes too wet and cold. Also mag is bound in the soil if there is excess of potassium,ammonia(nitrogen) and calcium(carbonate). Hope this can help out, Peace and Love!!!!!!

In my humble opinion i would say that Mg is getting locked out because of the PH. Flush the soil until the run off is coming off at around 6.6, as Mg can not be absorbed below 6.5

Keep the Ph at 6.6 or so until you see the new growth improve and then drop it back down to around 6.3 and let it drift back up to 6.6 to make sure Mg is always being absorbed

massproducer said:
How much lime did you use?

I used 230 ml per 30 liters. I also noticed that I cant raise the ph of the soil above 6.5ph just by flushing with 7.0 water so I had to use water at 7.7 ph for it to get soil at 6.8 Was that a smart thing to do? how long for them to recover from mg def?
They got a lot worse since 2 days ago.
Here are the picks. Is this still mg def in just further stage or something else?

new 019.jpg

new 020.jpg

BTW I cant get epsom salt. Can I use something else for foliar feed? thanks in advance.

with the new pics, I am thinking that you actually have a Manganese or Iron deficiency, maybe combined with a Mag def. Are you feeding them just worm castings?

In the past ive used crushed up vitamin suppliment tablets that have Mg in them, 4 tablets crushed and soaked in 1 pint of water for 24 hours, strain the liquid and use the liquid as a foiliar sprey ;)

massproducer said:
with the new pics, I am thinking that you actually have a Manganese or Iron deficiency, maybe combined with a Mag def. Are you feeding them just worm castings?

Yes, they have been getting a full doze of worm casting ( like on the label for fast growing plants) with every watering . Is this possible that I overfertilized them and thats why they are not getting other nutrients?

Hick said:
yes... the lime if used correctly,.. "should"... have both corrected any ph issue AND provided mg.

230ml for 30 liters of soil are bad proportions?

15 tblsp to about 8 gal of soil.... ?? correct conversion??
"about" twice what I have seen recommended/recommend...

how long for them to recover from mg def?
watch the "new growth".. the damage will not repair itself...

Hick said:
15 tblsp to about 8 gal of soil.... ?? correct conversion??
"about" twice what I have seen recommended/recommend...

watch the "new growth".. the damage will not repair itself...

Can you tell me why Im still having problems with low ph even though I almost doubled recommended dose? Even when flushing with ph neutral water I cant get soil's ph over 6.5? Could this be possible that a problem is that I live in a country where we have very alkaline water( Tab water is at 8.70) and they make soil that has lower ph to make up the difference? Is this possible that I have MG toxicity now that soil's ph is over 6.5 after adding water at ph of 7.7

I can't, sorry.
How are you checking your ph?.. are you 'positive' of the readings?
the lime should buffer the ph to about 7.0. I have a hard time imagining it "that" far off with your lime content.

...not saying it "isn't", just difficult why??

Yes, I checked the ph pen with 7.0 buffering liquid and it came out 7.05

I have 1 more question I was hoping some1 could answer. When flushing soil do you get rid of the dolomite that was added?

Latest posts

Back