Can u tell?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UCanDoIt

Oudoorsman Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I have a great strain going from seed, great soil, adequate H2O and all the requirements.
My ? is...if a MJ is growing tall and fast, is it a male plant?
I don't have pics...but...I ask for the reason, that all my plants are trying to reach the sky. I have grown in the past...BUT...I have learned that is a "tell tale sign" of a negative(male) plant.
i hope that it's not the case...any help would be nice:cool:

Males need to grow faster and taller than females so they can drop pollen from a height to pollinate as many females as they can.

Time will answer your question.

:peace:

the two i chose to grow from the 5 i sprouted are explosive growers, just seemed to grow before my eyes and im proud to say i have a pair of twin girls!

what are you feeding them? show em love they'll show you love right back

I ask, because...all one strain shows a similar pattern?
I am optimistic, due to this fact:eek:
The strain came from a WICKED entity...rainy, wet conditions may be the tell tale signs???
They are not in the ground, but in perfectly set up 5 gal pals?? In direct sun for more than 8hrs a day???

Thanks guys and gals in advance!!!!!

EASTLA_KUSHSMOKA said:
what are you feeding them? show em love they'll show you love right back

I am not feeding them anything...I have a simple soil(Vem,Per & Soil) I did mix in MG Potting soil, so those are the nutes. Could over nuting cause this?
They are growing at a rate right now...I don't need to feed. What are the chances that all 12 are Males? With that being said, I may be either totally crushed or the happiest little boy in the world.
BTW...they are in a lot of sun...probably close to 8 hours direct and 4-6 indirect.

Thank you again for the replies!!!!!!!!!!!!

zipflip said:
the source/culprit for many probs in mj growing....

Still didn't answer my ?
Does it have anything to do with natural sex identification? Meaning too many nutes during healthy growing?
Thank you again!!!

HIE answered it in the 2nd post.
Time will answer your question
just wait til they throw balls or hairs man.

or if you wanna go on just a hunch then be my guest.. but really ya never know. i have some fems that were larger an taller than my males when the males showed so...
id wait an see til they show themselves to be sure 100% man.

i saw the whole eastside thing and the font used in ya avatar and saw the "think blue" and ... wat else would someone think?
most sports fans would make a reference to the team in some way i would think not just the a color an leave it so vague. lol

think pink!! wat team am i talkin bout?

zipflip said:
i saw the whole eastside thing and the font used in ya avatar and saw the "think blue" and ... wat else would someone think?
most sports fans would make a reference to the team in some way i would think not just the a color an leave it so vague. lol

think pink!! wat team am i talkin bout?

haha i just wanna say so much but wont get a t.v. dodgers been using that slogan ... :holysheep:

Well...quick update.
I ventured on a hike to check the progress and I decided to Top all of them in the hopes to curb the massive towering they were doing. It was a week or so since I put up my initial post and the growth around them was tall as well. I would like to keep them lower to the ground, due to the high Flying Pig Traffic. I did find a high concentration of slugs in and around my grow, due to the wet season we are having. Is there any way of controling that problem organically?
After reading your posts and reviewing in my head of past seasons, I have come to the conclusion that my methods have changed this year from past years. So, I am pretty optomistic that I am just a half glass person. Problem solved...my glass is now half full and I will accept whatever Momma Nature has to offer me. After all...She Rules The World.
If I didn't get a definitive answer from my paranoid questioning...I think I am good to go:bolt:

lay down some rough terrain belowand around(surroundin your plants main stem. like egg shells or rocks etc..

Thanks ZF...could you be a little more specific, as I would like to do this in one shot. I am 2.5 miles from my grow. I really appreciate that you are giving me useful advice. Last ditch effort...if I can't do it organicaly...I will do whatever is nescessary.
I know, I put a little MG in my organic mix:confused2: but I am confident it will cycle itself out by the time it is good to go.

Remember...UCanDoIt:cool:

New...New...Update:eek:

I was just informed by my buddy...Huge Hail storrm came crashing through his area(aka code blue) Things don't look good...that's what came from him:confused: We will be out and about doing storm control tomorrow. By the sounds of Momma Nature in our area...the season is probably over. Will post if things work out...if not, I'll see ya'll next year.

Thank you for the short and abrubt time in this site:ciao:

I'll be back:tokie:

...Huge Hail storrm came crashing through his area(aka code blue)
crazy man we must be close to each other. we had baseball size hail south bout 100 miles from here tonite along wit over 2 inches rain in less than hour. 70 mph winds tornadoes touchin down in three diff spots near by as well. lol it was a wild evening/night her to say the least.
i guess in another town bout 120 from here trees were uprooted roofs ripped off in the wind even gas lines breakin peoople bein evacuated etc.. it was wild.
hope ya plants safe man.
are you up northern midwest area?

Allright...another ? about sex ID.
What are the little spikes on either side of the nodes at the base of the leaves. The new growth is visible in side these spikes. Has tis anything to do with ID? Or is this on both sexes. I have noticed this in previous grows but never persued the outcome. I eventually just waited for the True Tell Tale Signs.

Thank you again!!!!!:peace:

Latest posts

Back