carbon dioxide (c02)HOMEMADE???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scoot1073

Reaction score
How do u make a homemade c02 booster,with water yeast and sugar.Ive also heard something about vinger and baking soda.:confused2: Has anybody used this and if so how's it work.Please explain in detail.....

vinger and baking soda method has to be in a relativly enclosed space with light air movement, best results have been with a medicine cup and I.V. drip set up, ruffly 3 - 4 drops every hour

All i used was warm water with a packet of dry yeast add some sugar for the yeast to feed of. Whilst the bacteria in the yeast respire they give of carbon dioxide as a waste product. i mixed it up with a blender and i used plastic cartons with the sealed tight lids, put some holes in the top and put it in with your plants.
I used it on my plants. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15130
i think it did them good did`nt do them any harm.
good luck Paul

What about pellite guns, they use that small metal bottal type co2 wat if you just use that some how, just was wondering.

HYDRO333 said:
What about pellite guns, they use that small metal bottal type co2 wat if you just use that some how, just was wondering.

The amount od Co2 is too small to do any good and the price vs a 20 lbs tank makes it a bad choice.

Honestly I used co2 from tanks and used up alot of them for the grow, but the last grow I used no co2 and got the biggest best buds yet.

Good fresh air is all you need and co2 wont do any good unless the ppm levels can be maintained at ~1500.
And the only way you can do that is to have a perfectly sealed room that can vent the co2 ocassionally and control the heat.

I totally disagree with the last post. Carbon dioxide and water are needed for photosynthesis to take place and obviously light is needed for the energy to convert these things into food for the plant which is then stored(storable starch). If there is a limited amount of carbon dioxide then this will limit the amount of photosynthesis that takes place. I only had a 1m x 1m grow tent so 2 little boxes were enough, if you have a big grow then a CO2 cannaster would probably be needed. Like he said though good fresh air is probably good enough though.
Many thanks Paul

With a proper and effective intake and exhaust youll have plenty of fresh air full of co2. remember there is co2 in air, so as long as you have constant fresh air for your room they will be getting enough co2 and you wont have to worry about anything.

paul1976boro said:
I totally disagree with the last post. Carbon dioxide and water are needed for photosynthesis to take place and obviously light is needed for the energy to convert these things into food for the plant which is then stored(storable starch). If there is a limited amount of carbon dioxide then this will limit the amount of photosynthesis that takes place. I only had a 1m x 1m grow tent so 2 little boxes were enough, if you have a big grow then a CO2 cannaster would probably be needed. Like he said though good fresh air is probably good enough though.
Many thanks Paul

I guess the question is how do you know 2 boxes did you anything?
do you know what PPM level you were able to maintain?

Latest posts

Back