Changing Soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

six_seven_one

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm really excited cuz I just found a shop that sells FF products.
They dont have everything but they got just what I need.

So I was wondering if its possible to change out my current MG soil and use the FF soil?
If yes can I get a quick tip on how to do it properly?

Thanx :cool:

671....depends....how old are your plants....what size pot they in? are they in veg or flower...If they are in veg and small you could get by with transplanting them but in flower might turn hermie on you...if you do transplant be careful with root ball..if they are in veg and large they most likely have a good size root system and would be hard to not to damage the plants..really you need to give more info before you get a good answer.

Alright cool
Its about 5 weeks old and I just switched to 12/12 yesterday.
Out of five 2 of them are females and the other 3 haven't showed sex yet.
Oh and they are all in 2 gallon pots and are about a foot tall.

Thanx

Hello Six_seven_one :)

Let the soil in the pots dry out before you transplant, it will let the dry soil fall off easier ;)

You will not be able to get all the old soil off, just get as much off as you can.

:peace:

^^Alright cool. I was actually thinking the total opposite.
I was thinking to soak the rootball in a tub of water and make the running water wash the old soil away.

Thanx

Always different methods to reach the same goal, if I were going to do the wet way like you suggest, I would sit the plant in a bucket of water to let the soil wash off.

I have done the wet way before and was left with a straggle mass of roots, when you put this into a new pot of soil the roots are all clumped together.

The dry method doesnt remove all the soil and keeps the roots spaced out more.

If you are going to do this to more than 1 plant, try both methods, see which you personally prefer :)

:peace:

Latest posts

Back