Cheese breeding project (part 2)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi powerplanter, :)

yeah,I really like that Haze close up too.

A few pics du jour and the male in the last pic is my Shebergan landrace.

Bud pics are of a quite well seeded Cheese x Sk#1 F1.

DSC_0010-2.jpg

DSC_0022-1.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025-1.jpg

DSC_0026-1.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0039-1.jpg

DSC_0042-1.jpg

DSC_0047-1.jpg

DSC_0065-2.jpg

Thanks for the pics. Rockster, very nice as usual. I've never heard of that strain "Shebergan Landrace". Is that an Indica or a Sativa? Is it still available anywhere? If Marijuana ever becomes legal I plan on starting my grow room and would like to try many different strains. I have cronic pain so I'm looking for something thats good for pain. Any way, love the journal. I'll be watching. Peace!!!

Hi powerplanter, :)

Sherbergan is in Afghanistan,about 130km from Mazar-I-Sharif I'm told.

It's a pure indica landrace strain grown traditionally for hashish production and seeds should be available from the Real Seed Co.,an outfit that sells true landrace genetics from around the world,way to go boys!

DSC_0011.jpg

hi rockster so what are your plans now you have cheese x sk No1 f1 pheno's.

are you now going to do a test grow of cheese x sk as this imho is what cheese needed some fatass colas instead of those poxey buds.

lol

looking forward to whatever ya upto man.

skallie

Hi Skallie,

er,that was a test grow of 9 Cheese x Skunk#1,I'm smoking it now and have made oil and hash,vapes well does the oil.:)

But yeah,my cola's are reet scrawny mingers aren't they?:p

A few poxy UK Cheese clone buds(not my cross),sorry to offend,ahem.:hubba:

DSC_0034-1.jpg

DSC_0043-1.jpg

DSC_0035-2.jpg

DSC_0054-2.jpg

Thats the 6 foot plus pure Haze girl and the Shebergan landrace whose pollen from a male I've stored and may apply on a Cheese clone in my next journal where I'll also be doing selective pollinations with my lone Haze male as well as males from Lowryder 1 and 2,also doing a BX2 with Cheese x Sk#1.

Will be growing out 8 Cheese x Skunk#1 BX1 for evaluation purposes,some F2's,along with as I say,the Shebergan who'll be whacked with Haze pollen for a side order of Afghan/Haze F1 madness,we'll see?

In just the little research I've done I've learnt unoquivocally that straight cubing will not result in pheno's that could pass for the clone.But I'll be getting an idea of what is occurring in this grow,what is expressed now should be interesting.

Repeat backcrossing puts more of the desireable clones genes into the offspring but they are not accessable,compartmentalised if ya like,can't come together to dominate and express in the offspring.

When you do a first cross,the clone donates 50% of the input to the resin profile or chemotype,the new father 50% too of course,so the result isnt one masking the other as in a dominant/recessive relationship( but which would apply if you had the original father),it's a bonding of 2 profiles into a new one,yes,there are Cheese genes in there but only half and now linked to what the male gave.

I've been advised to inbreed the BX1's,giving me F2's and from those you'd have to find the 'Cheesiest' to work with.Makes sense as differentiation in the F2 will allow a possibility of combinations to show expressed as different pheno's but they are female and can't be backcrossed to Mama#1.So backcross repeatedly to a sibling brother? (Not sure,just thinking aloud,much reading to do)

But.....in these crosses your male by luck may well combine to produce something indeed very 'Cheesey',but summat right on the money,hmmm,dunno bout that?

I'd like to learn more about this supposed spontaneous mutation that the cut given to the Exodus crew got?

A mutation is the failure of dna repair at a cellular level which causes a change in the genetic material which gets passed on in mitosis,making bunnies,seeds,etc,even Pangolins and they are gayer than rainbows!:p

But the mutation is in a clone,not in a seed population and I don't even know if this is of significance as presumably the laws of inheritance won't have been affected by the mutation?

Kveschuns,kveshchuns,all dese kveschuns!:)

DSC_0013-1.jpg

DSC_0040-2.jpg

DSC_0045-1.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

what

lol

sort of tried to understand what your saying bit over my head tbh.

apologies for not reading throughly enough to make the statement i did having now read it i see you have done what i asked.

well done rockster now onto the next grow.

lol

skallie

Aw'right Skallie, :)

Well this grow is winding down to a close,just 4 small heavily seeded Cheese clones finishing and there's the first Cheese x Sk#1 BX1 seeds for the next round of tinkering with da Cheese!:p

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0009-1.jpg

lol:)

Lively beans these,cracked after 12 hours in water.

DSC_0009-2.jpg

Rockstar much love.I purchased U.K Cheese and am lovin it.I know this is aN OLD THREAD,BUT i JUST WAS TOLD!Good job

Hi dirty you say you purchased u.k. cheese???????

Im just wondering where you purchased it from considering its only available as/in clone form.

Nice work rockster btw i jurst lurve your photography skills.

Time4Plan-B

Time4Plan-B said:
Hi dirty you say you purchased u.k. cheese???????

Im just wondering where you purchased it from considering its only available as/in clone form.

Nice work rockster btw i jurst lurve your photography skills.

Time4Plan-B

A dispencary in L.A.

U.K. Cheese 002.jpg

U.K. Cheese 003.jpg

Cool beans DirtySouth, good luck on them, hope you get the Limberger pheno.:)

Thats news to me dirty good luck with them either way and you will love the cheese.

Time4Plan-B

Latest posts

Back