Classic Vinyl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well there not that huge. Maybe fairly large. I had my speakers on top of my moms speakers and it was about 7 'tall. Loud enough to shake my upstairs. I had sold them to a friend loose translation who sold them back to me after his kids worked them over. I got them home and the Amp also Sansui and one channel was fried but it was just a fuse. But my ******* friend wasn't smart enough to check that. I really never did have a knack for picking friends. I always picked Assholes
Nobody mentions LZ3? No love for Runes?

Bubba
I think all there Albums were good. I always liked the first one. Whole lotta love was a great song.

Well there not that huge. Maybe fairly large. I had my speakers on top of my moms speakers and it was about 7 'tall. Loud enough to shake my upstairs. I had sold them to a friend loose translation who sold them back to me after his kids worked them over. I got them home and the Amp also Sansui and one channel was fried but it was just a fuse. But my ******* friend wasn't smart enough to check that. I really never did have a knack for picking friends. I always picked Assholes

I think all there Albums were good. I always liked the first one. Whole lotta love was a great song.
I bought LEd Zepp 2 in 7th or 8th grade. It was new.

Bubba

I have a great collection of Classic Vinyl and was just farting around checking around looking to see if I happened to have any that were valuable to collectors. Amazing what some of the old albums you might have laying around are worth. I just happen to have several.

If you happen to have Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club signed by all 4 of the Beatles you are Rich! It is worth approximately $290,000! I have it but with no signatures. I do have several other collector grade albums that total $25,000!.....and that is just a quick look.

Keep in mind that if there is so much as a scratch on it all bets are off. Album covers are just as important. My albums are perfect but the covers do show some wear and tear as they are over 50 years old.

I am thinking my whole collection cashed in would be worth over twice that.

For example Led Zep II is worth $3,750....I have two! Houses of the Holy $1,700 their first is $1,000 I have 2 of that one. Several Beetles albums are worth big bucks.

My grand prize is Ummaguma by Pink Floyd.....$13,800

If you have a stack of classic vinyl you might want to check it out.
Sounds like a nice collection.

Remember, they're only worth something when you have the dough in your hand

Last edited:
Sounds like a nice collection.

Remember, they're only worth something when you have the dough in your hand
I know that. Plus the stuff has to be in NEW condition including covers!.. I am dreaming...could buy a big bag of pot though....

Since were talking music. Do any of you like psychedelic music. I have got some strange tastes in music now days. But I'm listing to a band I have been listening to for several years The Legendary Pink Dots. Anybody here ever heard them. Also another band is The Tear Garden. Same guy but with another guy from the band called Skinny Puppy. They bot started this as a side project. They make some of the best psychedelic music I have ever heard. I just get lost in it and it's almost like a flashback.

Just a couple of watts will get this pair screaming 😱
I had a buddy that bought a pair of Klipsch folded horn speakers back in '74. Cost him close to two grand. These things were big, heavy, and totally kick ass. Ten watts and you were playing for the whole subdivision.

I had a buddy that bought a pair of Klipsch folded horn speakers back in '74. Cost him close to two grand. These things were big, heavy, and totally kick ass. Ten watts and you were playing for the whole subdivision.
All these horn speakers are extremely efficient. 1 watt makes over 100db. I run mine with a push pull tube amp using the KT88/6550 output tube. About 60 watts per channel.

Bubba

I have an old school Pioneer amp, I bought when I was in the Marines, at the commissary, they had a sale...it had turntable, cassette player/recorder, radio tuner, and a nice cabinet, 100 watts. I eventually had to get rid of the tuner, it was getting hot, and the cassette player died, the turntable croaked, and someone blew the speakers. I replaced the turntable, the speakers with Fisher 125 watt, added a Realistic 10 band equalizer, and a Sony 5 dic turntable type cd player. It still plays fine...I have about 300 albums, I think...I got about 100 of them from the Columbia House Record Club...lol...someone gave me Johnny Cash first album, when he was 19 years old. Unfortunately, I lived in a place, and the roof leaked, and damaged some of the covers.

Attachments

• Pioneer1981.jpg
    Pioneer1981.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 0
I have a great collection of Classic Vinyl and was just farting around checking around looking to see if I happened to have any that were valuable to collectors. Amazing what some of the old albums you might have laying around are worth. I just happen to have several.

If you happen to have Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club signed by all 4 of the Beatles you are Rich! It is worth approximately $290,000! I have it but with no signatures. I do have several other collector grade albums that total $25,000!.....and that is just a quick look.

Keep in mind that if there is so much as a scratch on it all bets are off. Album covers are just as important. My albums are perfect but the covers do show some wear and tear as they are over 50 years old.

I am thinking my whole collection cashed in would be worth over twice that.

For example Led Zep II is worth $3,750....I have two! Houses of the Holy $1,700 their first is $1,000 I have 2 of that one. Several Beetles albums are worth big bucks.

My grand prize is Ummaguma by Pink Floyd.....$13,800

If you have a stack of classic vinyl you might want to check it out.
Ummaguma. Most People dont know about that one. I think its Rare. One of my Friends had it. Pure Stoner. We used to record all our Vinyl on to Reel To Reel, when I was On Active Duty in the 70s. Then save the Vinyl. Great Music and Stereos in our Barraks. We all had to do 1 year at Iwakuni, guys came back with Components you couldnt get in the States.

Attachments

• 182409090_4037497733038224_3384091624325728258_n.jpg
    182409090_4037497733038224_3384091624325728258_n.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 124942444_3563913460396656_1135193788847766129_n.jpg
    124942444_3563913460396656_1135193788847766129_n.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 0
My dad had a Sansui Receiver bought in Germany... it had amp fins sticking out the back and was like double the wattage after being plugged in here... as us kids got older, he wound up putting a lock on the side requiring a key to turn the power on.. dik. lol

I have 2 records in my serious collection of vinyl.. Zeppelin 1 and Zeppelin 4

Latest posts

Back