cleaning solution

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viper

Reaction score
what is a good cleaning solution for a ph/tds/temp pen tester ?

i want to keep it clean , it was expensive

Distilled water is best. I also store both my PH and PPM meter in their buffer solution to keep the tips moist..Hope this helps! :cool:

They do make a cleaning solution, store it like Dragracer does.

Follow the meter manufacturer's instructions to the Tee because they designed and built it and they sure know how to clean and store it.

The advice here is good, but not a substitute for following the manufacturer's instructions.

Great smoking.

uh, that is where I got my info, in the instructions....

most manufactures say to use there brand of storage solution.. or as dragracer pointed out distilled water. to save on solution you can mix it 1/2 distilled water and 1/2 solution.
LH

I only clean the tips with distilled water per the instructions between reservoir testing. I store each with a little piece of a cotton ball in the cap soaked in their respective buffer solution which is used to calibrate the instrument to keep the tips moist which is the most sensative part. Hope this helps :cool:

there are some meters that you shouldnt store in distilled water and there others that should be stored in distilled water, read the manual and store as they recommend. general rule is never to let it dry and if you want the best storage purchase the storage solution.

dragracer said:
I only clean the tips with distilled water per the instructions between reservoir testing. I store each with a little piece of a cotton ball in the cap soaked in their respective buffer solution which is used to calibrate the instrument to keep the tips moist which is the most sensative part. Hope this helps :cool:

dont you have "storage" solution and a calibration solution?? ive never hear of it being all in one.. neat idea about the cotton ball.. i throw mine in a small cup of storage and distilled.. bout 1/2 and 1/2.. wrks great..
but thats also what the manual said i could do.. lol..
what kinda PH tester you using drag?? im just using a cheapo milwakee but works awsome.. and i have a line recomended by the company to have it sit in solution up to?
LH

da gum - these instructions are so tiny , now i need to invest in reading glasses just to read the instructions on my meter , preciate the info , i didnt realize there was a storage and calibration solution , maybe thats why my previous tester when to the crapper .

Latest posts

Back