Cloning Flowering Plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ozzydiodude said:
:yeahthat: Not only is the "buds" where the new growth will come from, it is the only place the cutting has any stored nutes for it to use to grow new roots with.

Really,,When you take a Cutting from a plant in Veg, Most nutes come from you feeding them right? Mine always do better and produce roots much faster if I feed them a little. are the nutes all stored in the leaves?, If the leaves are still nice and green they still work right? I Got to go take some budding cuttings now just to find out!! LOL,, It just seems to me you would want the cutting to concentrate on root pruduction right off the bat--Instead of Reveging a cutting!?!, We can't just try to somewhat skip reveg on cuttings and feed them or selves to try and induce a rooting response rather than reveging, then lastly start root production? I am just Curious and this is just my Rockie wa of thinking. Not at all trying to argue, just want to know myself. Thanks!

Hick said:
DON'T remove the buds.."IME/O"... THAT is where the new growth will start.
From 'my' experience revegging 'clones' OR 'plants, Cutting first need to 'root', then they will start new growth. Two blueberry cuttings that I had gifted a few years back, were taken from a plant in the 5th-or 6th week of flower(I was told) They took around 60 days to start showing 'new shoots'.
Previously flowered plants... I've seen as little as 3 weeks, and as many as 6 to see new shoots start sprouting...from the old bud sites....

So just swithcing the light to 24 hours is all you do on a cutting with flower on it and that stops the cutting from the flowering proccess? The cutting will not switch faster without Bud to keep trying to produce for a week or so? wow that is a trip,, So even a flowering cutting will only produce new growth from the bud spot? If No bud wouldn't the cutting still grow new growth! lol sorry I don't speak well!, just a stoner! lol

OK my batteries on my Camera are dead, urrr. I just took Two cuttings from a plant about 30 days into flower. I will not cut the bud off of one till I can take pics of the whole deal.. But I am going to put them in the same exact conditions together one topped the other not and I will keep pics posted. I will post first pics tomarrow, we wiil call that day 1 and today day 0..I just want to find out.

BudLover#69 said:
So just swithcing the light to 24 hours is all you do on a cutting with flower on it and that stops the cutting from the flowering proccess? The cutting will not switch faster without Bud to keep trying to produce for a week or so? wow that is a trip,, So even a flowering cutting will only produce new growth from the bud spot? If No bud wouldn't the cutting still grow new growth! lol sorry I don't speak well!, just a stoner! lol

..."I".... have never witnessed "any" pot plant reveg', that didn't start new growth from the budsites.
Those were the only cuttings that I ever had that were taken that late in flower, but ALL of the previously flowered plants that I have ever rejuvenated grew "only" from budsites. I don't see any reason that clones would not act the same.

Hick said:
..."I".... have never witnessed "any" pot plant reveg', that didn't start new growth from the budsites.
Those were the only cuttings that I ever had that were taken that late in flower, but ALL of the previously flowered plants that I have ever rejuvenated grew "only" from budsites. I don't see any reason that clones would not act the same.

Ya I got so darn curious I went to my flower room and took two cuttings from the same plant about 30 days into flower. I'm going to Find out now just for shits and giggles.. what one Roots first and the deal with New growth. :D I'll post pics, got dead batteries today.

Just a quick word of thanks (must head off to work). Thanks RNBYH, THG, BUDLover, Hick, Smokingjoe, et al, for the advice. I'll get back in touch and let you know what I've done. For the time being, I left the buds on.

Thanks

Update: All cuttings(Five days old) seem to still be alive. Some of the bottom leaves are dying, but there's enough green elsewhere, that I feel positive about, at least one, taking root.

If you haven't tried The Flav (SUbcool), then you might want to give it a try. Some early harvest buds (a little premature, perhaps) have proven to be quite good, with a unique, and dreamy-type high. I was at work, doing some routine stuff, and all of a sudden, things, for some reason, didn't quite make sense anymore, a rather unusual, pleasant high. I think I might prefer the Flav to Jillybean. Time will tell.

I smoked the samples; I didn't use the vaporizer.

Happy Memorial Day.

I have read a few times to leave the flowers on. I would think that would be the way to go. I would think it should offer more growth sites, depending on the size of the clone. I currently have 2 clones from a flowering plant growing now. I have noticed they are extremely branchy, and thinner stemmed, with shoots coming out of shoots. Mine took 14 days to show decent root growth, and those were just in a blacked out whipped cream bowl, filled with used aquarium water. Now that I realized I just rambled on...Would keep an eye out for mold with the domes on them.

Latest posts

Back