Cloning in VEG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LassChance

Reaction score
I watched a series of seven videos in youtube by "Mr. Green", doing his hydroponic grow of White Widow and AK47. Very interesting. Anyway, one thing I thought was cool was, he took cuttings of both plants while they were in about the fourth week of veg, put the clones in 12/12 and got them to show gender. If the clones turn out female, then you KNOW your mother plant is female, but if the clones turn male, you know to go ahead and pull the mother plant without even waiting for it to flower, saving time and nutes and light wasted on a male.

A lot of people use that method when growing from seed. Genius!

:yeahthat: Hey Chance, post a web address alot of the "Newbies" could use that info. And save somebody a lot of typing. :peace:

a plant 4 weeks into veg should be showing preflowers indicative of sex regardless, taking clones and flowering them a week only further substantiates the fact that this negates the need to do this.

This is a great post, but i think it would be more useful for cloning younger plants, JMO.

Jb

JBonez said:
a plant 4 weeks into veg should be showing preflowers indicative of sex regardless, taking clones and flowering them a week only further substantiates the fact that this negates the need to do this.

This is a great post, but i think it would be more useful for cloning younger plants, JMO.

Jb
depends bones. I've had many not show preflowers or alt' nodes untill 6-8 weeks.

Hey Chance- those are the videos I watched that got me into growing! Helped me A LOT.

Mr Green I thank you! If you haven't seen the videos you should watch them- he cracks me up.

hXXp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UbnBsUEoE0&feature=PlayList&p=4E0ACB385C4B1EF4&index=0&playnext=1

GrowinGreen said:
Hey Chance- those are the videos I watched that got me into growing! Helped me A LOT.

Mr Green I thank you! If you haven't seen the videos you should watch them- he cracks me up.

hXXp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UbnBsUEoE0&feature=PlayList&p=4E0ACB385C4B1EF4&index=0&playnext=1

He is a trip, isnt he? Natural-born teacher, too. I think of Mr. Green as a sort of Mr. Rogers for grownups, LOL. Thanks for posting the addy.

One other thing I got from Mr. Green is...he really de-mystified the whole idea of hydroponics. Before actually SEEING how it works, it was all just way too confusing. Reading about something and SEEING it--wow. BIG diff! After seeing his economic, simple set up I said, "hey...I could DO that!" What I thought was way over my head turns out to be relatively simple, logical and do-able. I never could figure the advantage of hydro before. Now I get it--once you've laid out the initial bucks for tubing, containers and so on, you've GOT it...no need to buy bags of soil and lug them home...not bad.

great point hick, i guess this is one are my lack of experience comes into play even tho i feel well informed.

I dont have a lot of experience with Sativa dom plants, ya think they are more inclined to take longer to show sex? Or have you seen indica doms take that long as well?

thanks

mostly hybrids... is there anything else?.. ;)
I have a f2 c99 male that showed stamine at about 5 weeks from seed. :confused2:..
"phenos".. and hybrids..

i too! got the growing interest by watching mr green and , i think he said he cut his clones at 2 months ... His nute schedule didnt work for me as i had to flush twice (saved them babies thanks to MJP), i got it dialed in but it happened in the 3rd wk of veg and that aint good according to what ive read . i may have a crop of herms

Latest posts

Back