Cloning upgrade: machine or not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, fella, my methods are tried and true

Just invested in a very small aero cloner and now you guys are telling me riot rooters are the way to go. Life.
I don’t know anything about the aero cloner but I’ve had really good luck with the root riot plugs and clonex on a heat mat for around 10 days to show beautiful roots. Maybe the aero cloner will do it quicker but I’m usually not in a hurry for mine.

mrs. G1 was good at everything she tried, especially fishing...the aerocloner works great but the water temps must be in the 70's or you'll rot 'em all...remember, they need light, not just ambient but lots of light...GMO showed me that was my problem, too little light...

Can't recommend using aero cloners, especially if you haven't tested everything for HpLVd.

Just today I spotted the first 2 clones in this cloner. I use oasis cubes and i am simply using a mister and placed some perlite under the oasis for added humidity and cushioning for the roots. I had put the cuts in on the 8th of march and they emerged from the cube that is 1.5" thick today, i guess they must have started a couple of days ago to penetrate the cube so that would be about 10 days after cutting. It was quite cold lately so i had to stick one cfl into the dome. I do not use hormones and I use straight tap water that is not ph'd comes out about 8 ph 230ppm and it has worked ever since i started growing. Temp IME is the most detrimental factor. Health of the mother is also important.

Attachments

• 20230321_223724.jpg
    20230321_223724.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 0
Can't recommend using aero cloners, especially if you haven't tested everything for HpLVd.

I haven't, but I also have never taken in a cut. It's more for maintaining my very small stable of my personal keepers long term. It never houses more than 1 type of cut at a time, and for the near future will basically be dedicated to that 1 strain. It's very small, fortunately. I realize viruses can in theory come from seed, but I like my chances with my methods. Thanks for the heads up, though.

My uses for it likely don't mirror most other people cranking out 74 cuts of 6 different strains every month, trading elites and such

nope nope , you were reading it a-ok

the discussion is on what is called topping the plant , in one case the plant was topped and dipped into a rooting hormone and how the auxins react in the process

the best clones for me are when the clone is taken from the top main stems , ive seen people take as much as 12” inches off the top and use for clones…

he always had the fastest most vigorous clones ive seen….he lives in Denver and a few members here know him

but yeah , maybe the article was not the best choice in explaining the role of auxins when we snip the fan leaves

by the way , the method that GMO took the time to detail , with photos , was post Par Excellent!
I've been searching his grow journals looking for that! Anyone got a finger or book mark on that.

Bubba

I found it! And yes, that is the thread. It was in another members query about clone machines, you replied and laid it out. (Clone method)

Transplanted last night to 3 gallon, it has doubled in size. Cut top for clone tomorrow or next day.

Thanks,

Bubba

One other question, the"clonex solution" ph adjusted to 6.2. I only have gel, so I will pick up their solution type as well. I assume you ph it with same stuff nute solution is adjusted with?

Thank,

Bubba

mrs. G1 was good at everything she tried, especially fishing...the aerocloner works great but the water temps must be in the 70's or you'll rot 'em all...remember, they need light, not just ambient but lots of light...GMO showed me that was my problem, too little light...
I think I need to up my light as well.
All my research has indicated low light.

One other question, the"clonex solution" ph adjusted to 6.2. I only have gel, so I will pick up their solution type as well. I assume you ph it with same stuff nute solution is adjusted with?

Thank,

Bubba
Yes, same pH up/down used for nutrient solution. I dose the Clonex liquid at 40ml/G.

Thanks, hadn't thought about the liquid clonex/water ratio, I probably would have used it straight!
Thanks again,

Bubba

Reactions: zem
I went from having trouble with a very weak light to producing roots, like a wild man under the same lights that I veg in. Are use both the clone, X gel and the clone X solution, and have excellent results… once I figured out that the light was my problem and there was no looking back

Anyone familiar with ZeroTol 2.0 as a preventative for HpLVd and other infections when cloning? From what I've read it's not so effective as a treatment, but might work as a preventative. Essentially soaking the cuttings before and after rooting them.

Anyone familiar with ZeroTol 2.0 as a preventative for HpLVd and other infections when cloning? From what I've read it's not so effective as a treatment, but might work as a preventative. Essentially soaking the cuttings before and after rooting them.
I am familiar, but I don't buy it. I've never seen anyone prove it.
Zerotol is a good product to keep in rotation, though! Be aware that zerotol 2.0 is a much stronger formula than zerotol hc. Dose appropriately. USE A RESPIRATOR, GLOVES AND LONG SLEEVES. Zerotol is caustic.
IMG_2686.jpg

I went from having trouble with a very weak light to producing roots, like a wild man under the same lights that I veg in. Are use both the clone, X gel and the clone X solution, and have excellent results… once I figured out that the light was my problem and there was no looking back
Good to know, my clone place is a spare 2x4 and spare SP 3000 turned down. I will probably replace that light with 3 100 watt panels in another 2x4 but it's busy right now.

Will eventually be mother tent, so looks like another tent is in my future. But I'm trying to avoid that!

Bubba

CFLs are good for cloning they provide plenty of light and give out heat solving two problems at once. I have 4x 23w cfls on right now and it is keeping it at 25C when it is 17C outside. In fact if i wanted i could make the cfls fit more snugly which would require me 2 or 3 of those small cfls to keep a 1'x1.5' cloner warm. I don't do that because while you do want ample light, you don't want the light as close to the plant as when it is vegging. They will still root but the leaves will suffer more.

Latest posts

Back