Cloning wars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am starting a thread on cloning. All are welcome. Post your clones. Successes, failures. Tips and tricks. Everyone should have or want to have this knowledge. My first try at cloning was an epic failure. My second attempt 2 of 4 rooted. The other 2 wilted and I tossed them this morning. 50% I will take that at least I am improving. I started more cloned this morning. Panama reds, the black and Maui waui. I can’t wait to see what happens. These are my first 2 to root . The bigger one is a week in dirt. The other I just put there yesterday. She is not under a light yet but is getting light from a sun roof but not directly.
Both are Pink mango X GDP
View attachment 356925View attachment 356926

I am starting a thread on cloning. All are welcome. Post your clones. Successes, failures. Tips and tricks. Everyone should have or want to have this knowledge. My first try at cloning was an epic failure. My second attempt 2 of 4 rooted. The other 2 wilted and I tossed them this morning. 50% I will take that at least I am improving. I started more cloned this morning. Panama reds, the black and Maui waui. I can’t wait to see what happens. These are my first 2 to root . The bigger one is a week in dirt. The other I just put there yesterday. She is not under a light yet but is getting light from a sun roof but not directly.
Both are Pink mango X GDP
View attachment 356925View attachment 356926
Iv been cloning the lower branches that I remove while defoliating. I dip them in cloning gel and put them in peat pellets and put them under clear plastic containers as humidity comes. I keep the peat wet and spray the inside of the dome a couple times a day, and after about week they root. I've had around 90% success rate. The one on the right in back is the mother, to the left of her is my first clone, the 4 little ones in front a new batch I'm trying sea of gree style. They are ogkush from seedsman.the other one front left is a Bruce banger.

Attachments

• 20240519_111341.jpg
    20240519_111341.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 0
Ive got a few. Dip in cloning gel and into Root Riot cubes sometimes too.

Apple Fritter mother, harvested then revegged. Mother is doing great too btw.
M9eqsAM.jpeg
Iv been cloning the lower branches that I remove while defoliating. I dip them in cloning gel and put them in peat pellets and put them under clear plastic containers as humidity comes. I keep the peat wet and spray the inside of the dome a couple times a day, and after about week they root. I've had around 90% success rate. The one on the right in back is the mother, to the left of her is my first clone, the 4 little ones in front a new batch I'm trying sea of gree style. They are ogkush from seedsman.the other one front left is a Bruce banger.
Nice

Yep they put it in our water too.
Before the new injection pump it just smelled like chlorinated city water, now it smells like over chlorinated hot tub water 🫣🤢
And the water has tested positive for E.coli twice because the pump keeps running dry... my landlord sucks and they just raised the lot rent 🤦🏻

You should take them just as you would a normal clone, do you know how to take a clone? here to help
Trying to learn. I have 2 going right now pink mango x GDP. One rooted a week earlier than the other but at least it rooted.

IMG_5266.png

This has been my cloner, as of late.
I keep it at 80 degrees.
I also pop my seeds in there.
I root my clones in clear plastic cups so I can see when they develop roots. I also poke some small holes in the bottom of the cups with my pocket knife.
IMG_5267.png

Here are some freshly rooted clones that I up potted last week.
Just as green and pretty as the day I took the cuttings.
IMG_4974.jpeg

I do all my up potting in this little greenhouse.
IMG_5268.png

If you zoom in on that picture, you will notice that grey tub inside on the left.
That is what I mix my peat and perlite up in.
When I take cuttings, I pour a little Jacks in a cup, and stick the cuttings in it.
Then, I take however many cups I need, and a jug of Jacks, to the greenhouse.
I pour a little Jacks into the peat/perlite and mix it around until I have moistened enough soil to fill my cups.
All of this is done with the all purpose 20-20-20.

THIS IS THE BEST TIP I HAVE ADOPTED IN A WHILE.
Get your soil to the consistency of moist cake. My success rate has really gone up since I started doing this.

Once the cups are full, I take them back to the grow room, poke holes in the dirt, rough up the stems, daub them in cloning powder, stick them in the holes, and pack the soil around them.
Then they go into the humidity dome.
I spray the dome every morning before work, and every evening before bed.
Never the plants, just the dome.
I also keep a cup full of water inside of it.

View attachment 356948
I keep it at 80 degrees.
I root my clones in clear plastic cups so I can see when they develop roots. I also poke some small holes in the bottom of the cups with my pocket knife.
View attachment 356949
View attachment 356953
View attachment 356954
If you zoom in on that picture, you will notice that grey tub inside on the left.
When I take cuttings, I pour a little Jacks in a cup, and stick the cuttings in it.
I pour a little Jacks into the peat/perlite and mix it around until I have moistened enough soil to fill my cups.

Get your soil to the consistency of moist cake. My success rate has really gone up since I started doing this.

Once the cups are full, I take them back to the grow room, poke holes in the dirt, rough up the stems, daub them in cloning powder, stick them in the holes, and pack the soil around them.
Nice tips thanks. See this is the kind of stuff that can make mine or a bunch of others lives easier.
First of all I am making a lot of missteps. I gave never domed anything. Didn't know I needed to.

View attachment 356948
I keep it at 80 degrees.
View attachment 356949
View attachment 356953
View attachment 356954

Thus is pretty much my process also.

-cut at an angle,
-snip the (fan) leaves in half,
-scrape up the cut end about an inch up, and slice longways about 1/2 inch,
-Place in a cup of water (while preparing a pot of dirt),
-stick in cloning powder and put into dirt,

Mist the leaves few times a day as this is their water source until they develop roots.

Attachments

• IMG_9192.jpeg
    IMG_9192.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9168.jpeg
    IMG_9168.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Some great info coming out in here. We all do it a bit different but we get it done.

I use tap water in a jar. Simple roughing up of the stem, dip n rooting gel n throw into jar. Change the water every few days. They will root within 14days.
IMG_20240413_074141212.jpg
IMG_20240413_074152696.jpg

Bleeding off some trichomes as it goes deeper into veg stage. Stem rubs are a bit fruity still..lol
IMG_20240521_193428922_HDR.jpg

Latest posts

Back