Closet Grow-- HELP!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silentFOXrun

Reaction score
Alright,

I want to grow some bud in my closet and would like to know what kind of supplies I should get. Trying to keep it low budget without taking away from the potency of the grow. Any suggestions? Pics are coming.

I was thinking to get:

-Visqeen white plastic lined all around the closet
-have 2 levels - top for flowering and bottom for veg
-not to sure on the odor issue; maybe a store bought HEPA filter??? help
-I really know what lighting would be suitable for a closet grow; suggestion needed
-also the most recommended fertilizer for the plant; found in the house if possible (i.e. Molasses)

and

- should it be a "pot and soil" grow or should I go hydroponics. Why?

Thanks yall. One love and let me know what's on your mind.

'ello.. I've never done any closet grows but I think the principle of home growing always remains the same... Think about how your going to want it set up, from start to finish...give it some thought about any possible hurdles along the way then.... give it some more thought.....make sure your not stoned....then give it some more thought! Seriousy the set up and design takes most of the planning and then you just do your shopping list according to your needs... Oh and did I mention, give it some more thought? I did over a years reasearch (most days while I was at work) before I did my first grow and out of 6 grow cycles i've (touch wood) never had a problem. The more effort and thought you put in before hand will mean less hassle and troubleshooting when it's underway. G'luck to you though.

Oh and just a few pointers for you to think about:

1) Power/juice/electricity, how will you power all your stuff in the closet? with the most important rule being SAFETY!

2) Ventilation - very important part (I always say 3 important factors when it comes to MJ plants - light/vent/genetics).. Your going to need to circulate the air in that closet, even if your not getting fresh air in you'll need to at least exhaust the stale air out of there.

ummm thats about it for now, sorry not sure how new (or not) you are to all this so sorry if i've got the wrong end of the stick. Just I know a few people and read about others that have jumped straight in head first and fail the first few times because their not covering all the bases.

Oh and yeah - what 4U2 points out... read up on that link! There's no shortcut's when it comes to learning.. We could tell you the answers to your questions above but theirs probably about another 100 questions you'll have along the way and your better off having the answers before you need to ask the questions!

Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate the info. I will check out the link sometime tonight, God Willing.

Yea, I'm relatively new to marijuana horticulture. i've grown mushrooms before... but when it comes to growing MJ... it's little more tricky and costly... unfortunately. Anywho... Any reply to my post will help. One love. ;)

You need to read up and start with a style of growing you understand. Some ppl are hydro and other are soil. Some ppl can grow using either way other only one way.

To help design anything we would need the size of area to be used. Is there a way to get fresh air to the area? these are just a couple ? you have to know to get started

sFr,
You've been given good advice on that link. There is a bunch of info there.
Alot of the material was created by members of this site for that particular purpose.
Just smoke up a bit, log on and jump into it.
Run everyone out of the house-tell your friends you don't have any money.
Soil or Hydro is a choice you will make on your own.
I know you want to go low budget and believe me, I totally understand.
I tried to go low budget with mine to a certain extent.
This does'nt mean you can't do some DYI and there is an excellent DYI section in this forum.
I have 2 good plants (Sat dom and they are taking their own sweet skunky time)but I can see where I should have done things different.
Take your time and save some money up-work some O.T.-Thats what I am doing.

One thing I am going to stress-Tell no one.
Sometimes I really want to open my mouth-but I know I can't.
Keep it covert-there are articles on security also you should look at.
And if you still have questions-just ask-someone will answer.
:watchplant:
Good luck and
Keep it green
:)
Gb

GeezerBudd said:
One thing I am going to stress-Tell no one.

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!!
i have wanted to tell people about my grows too... bad bad idea
you cannot trust anyone.
I know a couple people who have blabbed about their grows and one of them got robbed... took all his plants and equipment and the other guy i know was under investigation by LEO and he got busted

Go on the internet and do research. Maybe buy a book at
Barnes and Noble. thats what I did when I started.

yea I ordered that book "Medical Marijunana Horticulture Bible" by Jorge Cerventes. That's a pretty good book. But i'm more or less looking for advice from people who actually DID this... Who actually put this knowledge into practice.

The other thing to remember though, and just to provide a bit of hope is that whilst MJ has ideal conditions unless you do something seriously wrong your more than likely get something out of it. I've known someone with no experience to grow with a 400w hps, no ventilation (just room air), some 20$ seeds and only me talking him through what he needed to be doing.. from 4 plants he got just under an Oz dry from each plant and the buds were semi-tight and the smoke was better than anything you get on the street. 3 Grows later and a few adjustments and now he's growing some really nice stuff.

Once you know the basics it can be pretty easy but it's having the knowledge to fall back on should you start getting some problems. Then again this site is pretty good for advice especially if you get some pics up.

g'luck and yeah get reading! ;)

well i got about 200 + seeds from local "bags" i've picked up. Some were mids and others were good regs... so... we'll see how the bud comes out. ;)

Latest posts

Back