closet grow ????'s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kushkush1

Reaction score
ok i have my closet in my room i was thinking of setting up a closet grow. i am planning on planting about 2 seed in a small potting pot. i wanted to know ow much smell you think it would make, ventilation is not a option for me but i i have a window that is right next to my closet. so i was think ing of running two small hose's out the window for ventilation

it will all depend on the strain ,,,,but i do closet grows and you really will need to use some sort of ventalation ,,,,what type lights are u using and how big the space ? goodluck :48:

Even if you have no smell, you need ventilation. You plants have to have a continual supply of fresh air (intake and exhaust) and this fresh air (actually CO2) needs to be moved around (oscillating fan). You should exchange the air in your space 3-4 times a minute.

I'd say two little hoses out the window wouldn't work. Use two fans: One sitting near the back wall, blowing air across the light and out the door, and a second fan in the doorway of your closet sucking air in. The fan blowing air out of the closet is the exhaust fan; it blows hot air out the door. The fan at the door sucking air in is the intake fan; it sucks cool air inside the closet. The exhaust fan should be positioned higher up in the closet than the intake fan. Hot air is blown above the plants out the door, while cool air is sucked in from below.

:confused: but would'nt the smell just build up in my room from the exhaust. it is winter time and i cant have the window open 24/7 to get the fresh air into my room and the exhaust out. I need help!!!

do you own or rent or still live with mummy & daddy?

you MUST have ventilation, no exceptions. You NEED to circulate air through your grow room. If you can't vent, then you can't grow properly. The smell can be countered with a carbon filter, or you can build an odor killing machine, heres a link

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17337

The hoses might work, it depends on the width of the hose, if we are talking about normal garden hose (the one for watering the garden) I would seriously doubt it would be any good, you need to replace the air in your room a few times per minute idealy (not exactly sure how much, but the info is on the forum just read and u should find it).

Planting 2 seets is a small pot? I doubt thats going to work, unless you plan on putting them into bigger pots when they grow, MJ can get quite big and bushy, depending on techniques like LST, and the strain. How big is the closet you are growing in? do you have any pictures? post some dimensions?

Have you also considered what lights to use? nutes?

Preperation is EVERYTHING, learn from other people mistakes as well as your own, make sure you have the right set up BEFORE you start a grow, if you are growing in a small closet (like I did) then you will NEED ventilation to keep the temps down, I struggled like hell with temps, so I didtched the wardrobe I was using and have started building a custom grow room. This type of prep work will pay dividends in the end.

Spend some time reading through the forum, and post photo's, dimensions and so forth, people will be willing to help if you can provide the information they need, just shouting for help won't help in anyway, people need info to pass on advice. If you are unable or unwilling to do any of these, then I wouldn't grow anything if I where you, you will most likely end up with a poor yield and low quality product, might as well buy it from another source.

The carbon filter and odor killing machine I will look up I will take pics of the closet later to day.

I have the same problem. what I do is just as Alistair Young said exhaust hot air out of the closet with a fan up high and blowing out with a fan blowing in down low.

Now to answer your question yes its going to make the room very warm so you have to control the rooms temps to control the growroom closet temps, this means you have to open and close the closet doors every day and use AC or crack a window whatever it takes to keep the bedrooms temps low enough to keep your grow temps where you want them.

Its that or you are going to need some kind of holes to vent heat and bring in cold air from outside.

I rent and this was not an option but even without outside ventalation you can closet grow with success.

Kushkush, fluorescent bulbs don't put off too much heat, how about trying that? You would still want to ventilate your closet as much as possible, but fluorescent lights usually don't get near as hot as HIDs.

Growdude said:
I have the same problem. what I do is just as Alistair Young said exhaust hot air out of the closet with a fan up high and blowing out with a fan blowing in down low.

Now to answer your question yes its going to make the room very warm so you have to control the rooms temps to control the growroom closet temps, this means you have to open and close the closet doors every day and use AC or crack a window whatever it takes to keep the bedrooms temps low enough to keep your grow temps where you want them.

Its that or you are going to need some kind of holes to vent heat and bring in cold air from outside.

I rent and this was not an option but even without outside ventalation you can closet grow with success.

and it is november it is getting cold outside so the heat in the house come's on. so it allready get's way hot in here

kushkush1 said:
and it is november it is getting cold outside so the heat in the house come's on. so it allready get's way hot in here

Shut the heat off, at least in that room. Might as well get your money's worth from your lights. I do.

IMG00284.jpg

sorry for the big pics

i see the same picture, twice. Is that the closet? or the corner where you are currently growing the plant?

Get your tape measure out and measure the size of the closet, and include some pictures of the entire inside to show any protrusions and such.

Thats all i ever did was closet grows, had awsome luck every time. Now i got me a full sized room to take advantage of!

Lastritez said:
i see the same picture, twice. Is that the closet? or the corner where you are currently growing the plant?

Get your tape measure out and measure the size of the closet, and include some pictures of the entire inside to show any protrusions and such.

yeah thats the closet

looks a good size, but some dimensions would be good. You have a window in there to allow fresh air in and old air out, is it a ground floor window? if its on an upper floor you can 'mask' the window so that light doesn't escape (which you would need to do on a ground floor window as well), and so that people cannot see the vents, will take a bit of work, but to the outside eye it just looks like a window with a closed screen on it. If its a ground floor window you may have some problems if people are able to look into it closely. You can also seal around the door using a weather type strip to stop light and odor escaping into the adjoining room. Putting mylar up may prove expensive if you're on a tight budget, so paint the whole thing with flat while paint.

Invest in some decent lights, again will need to know the dimensions of the closet to say exactly what wattage to go for, I think its soemthing like 5000 lumens per square meter, I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but the infomation is on this forum somewhere, just go looking.

Latest posts

Back