clouds of gnats????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dyannas son

Reaction score
for a few days now i have been noticing a cloud of what i think are gnats they seem to be attracted to moisture so i quit watering the grass so much now that i have done that they seem to like to fly around the tops of my plants because of the moisture.
i know that someone here knows or has seen what i am talking about,are they gnats or somthing else and what should i do??

fly paper will help a little. Other than that im not sure. Someone here will have a good idea im sure. Good luck

might try a search...type in "gnats"..."Click"

i had the same problem about a week ago and i had spider mites you might wanna check it out asap spary with water and you can see the webs better if they're there.

what i did was wait till the cloud formed away from my plants and hit it with a can of hairspray and a lighter and it worked alright haha..

Gnats? It could be one of many different species of flying insects. I have the same kind of guys plus some others too floating around up here in Michigan. Big clouds of them.....It is actually pretty nasty when you walk in to one of these ~cough......cough....choke....gag~

I do not think they are out eating plants though from what I have seen year after year up here. But since I don't know exactly what species they are I can not be for sure on this.

I would have done the same thing to them though. even if they don't eat plants you just saved someone from digesting 10-20 of them:cool:

Latest posts

Back