CO2 - A world of difference

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TentFarmer

Super Doobie
Reaction score
I've been contemplating buying a co2 tank system. My grow is very contained without much fresh air coming in. It is climate controlled but venting is at a minimum for security reasons.

Last night (6 hours ago) my plants were really thinning out. I have been dropping their hours of light and adding flowering nuits into the veg nuits. I know that at times in flowering a plant may have a lighter shade of green on new growth but my new growth was yellow and stringy.

So about 1 am I got my bottle setup dialed in, turned it on and went to bed. About 6 hours later I woke up and checked on them.

They're a nice dark shade of green, all thin areas have filled out, and the leaves even have a softer feel to them. If this is what can happen in 6 hours; I can only imagine what 24 hours will bring to the table.

Generally I've never seen results from a change this fast in my setup. I'm used to waiting a few days to see if the change was good or bad. While the expense of the tank system was something I cringed at, I at least got the pleasure of immediate and undeniable results.

This grow is going to be Greeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!!! (Tony the Tiger)

This is excellent news. It really is amazing that a plant could turn around from almost sickly to super healthy in 6 hours. Good luck with the rest of your grow.

If possible, would you post some pictures :)

yep Co2 can make up for less than ideal conditions in a growroom.

btw how much did the tank setup cost ya? im running propane Co2 system rite now but im thinking bout getting the tank for a smaller garage grow im setting up

Im skeptical that the CO2 turned your plant around in 6 hours unless there was previously no ventilation at all. even then I dont see this as the reason your plants became greener.

yeah thats amazing i dont have the $$$ for a co2 system or room lol in my little stealth speaker box set up lol thats why I turn off the fan every day a couple of times a day and blow them some smoke from the bowl lol

Kindbud said:
yeah thats amazing i dont have the $$$ for a co2 system or room lol in my little stealth speaker box set up lol thats why I turn off the fan every day a couple of times a day and blow them some smoke from the bowl lol

Thats not CO2 its CO or carbon monoxide, not good.

Growdude said:
Im skeptical that the CO2 turned your plant around in 6 hours unless there was previously no ventilation at all. even then I dont see this as the reason your plants became greener.

Take a look at my setup. The 'double bubble" only pulls air in through the vent of a portable a/c.

I've done my homework, I'm not nuts, or at least not for this reason alone.

I wish I had taken some before and after photos but alas I didn't. However consider they have been in their "bubble" for several weeks now. The growth had slowed, they didn't have signs of nuit issues and its a strain I'm already familiar with. I too would be skeptical if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.

greenfriend said:
yep Co2 can make up for less than ideal conditions in a growroom.

btw how much did the tank setup cost ya? im running propane Co2 system rite now but im thinking bout getting the tank for a smaller garage grow im setting up

A 20 lbs tank was about 120. The controller with built in timer was about 220.

At least for my situation, it was worth every penny.

Lights just came on again. They're looking awesome.

I should clarify, the plants wern't entirely yellow, but the new growth was yellow/green and pretty skinny. They darkened and thickened up quite nicely. I'll get some photos up here eventually but they will just look like normal healthy veging plants.

If you had such a minimally vented system I'm not surprised that adding that co2 helped so much. considering how fast cannabis uses co2 once it touches the leaves, with an enclosed system you probably have about 300ppm in there every time you open the door but once its closed its used pretty fast. Without any co2 your plants growth will stop altogether, congrats on the fix.

Latest posts

Back