Computer Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And finally we located you. The only person in the entire world using Windows 8
Wrong. It's 8.1😁
And I would be using WinXP if I could. Best of all of them but it's not compatible with a lot of software I use. I still have a copy of WinXP though.
I've had no problems with 8.1 on my home computer brother. Works like a champ.
I use Win10 at work and so far no problems since they worked out most the bugs.

Wrong. It's 8.1😁
And I would be using WinXP if I could. Best of all of them but it's not compatible with a lot of software I use. I still have a copy of WinXP though.
I've had no problems with 8.1 on my home computer brother. Works like a champ.
I use Win10 at work and so far no problems since they worked out most the bugs.
I hated 8 but I did love me some XP

What virus protection do you use?
Bitdefender,,,, and I also have a program that keeps my computers running tight and smooth called " Advanced System Repair Pro" Its an awesome program.
Haven't had any crashes or problems since i started using it.
Bitdefender keeps away viruses and other nasty shit and Advanced System Repair Pro keeps them clean and running like a champ.

Last edited:
I was out of town on work and my work laptop with Vista on it was very vital to my job and the first night there Vista did an update without asking me and it crashed my laptop dead. I had some disks with me to repair stuff but no luck. I had to buy a new laptop in the morning. But the good news is my boss had to foot the bill. And he was a tight basturd.

The Windows forced updates has caused me more problems than I can count. There should have been a mass exodus from Windows the day that was imposed. It makes Microsoft the defacto owner of every machine running Windows. I guess that's why they call us users and not owners.

The Windows forced updates has caused me more problems than I can count. There should have been a mass exodus from Windows the day that was imposed. It makes Microsoft the defacto owner of every machine running Windows. I guess that's why they call us users and not owners.
True I keep messing with Linux but the names of their Apps is enough to confuse me.

True I keep messing with Linux but the names of their Apps is enough to confuse me.
I used to run Linux in Virtual Box so I could switch back to Windows whenever I got frustrated. I'm reasonably comfortable with it now, but spend too much time in Windows at work to switch over completely.

Bitdefender,,,, and I also have a program that keeps my computers running tight and smooth called " Advanced System Repair Pro" Its an awesome program.
Haven't had any crashes or problems since i started using it.
Bitdefender keeps away viruses and other nasty shit and Advanced System Repair Pro keeps them clean and running like a champ.
Thank you

I will continue to use Windows. This old dog doesn't need to learn anymore tricks at this stage. Besides it's a company thing and they ain't changing their computers over to a different desktop. My home computer runs just fine for what it's used for,, which is mostly my Wife on FB.😁

I don't use any external virus scanner. But I do use Malwarebytes. With windows defender I don't feel the need for an virus scanner.

Spilled a big glass of unsweet tea on my lap top maybe 2 hrs ago. Fuuuuuuuuuuuk. I feel like I'm only going to get one chance to open it tomorrow and for how long who knows. I am going to need to copy everything off the laptop onto a new one. I have financials, work forms, tax forms, private client information, invoices, accounts receivable / payable, a bunch of real important stuff that if I loose, I am going to have one heck of a time getting back and probably could get in trouble come tax time or professional license audit time. And, no, hardly nothing is in the cloud, whatever that is, on purpose, though I am sure some government agency could find it if they wanted. Be nice to hook them up usb to usb and hit a button somewhere. I been working on it to hold a charge. I am going to sleep on it now and come back and see what anyone says in the AM. Mrs. Monkey is worried it might catch fire tonight as lithium batteries and liquids don't mix well together. I think it would have happened by now. Probably ought to smoke another one. I was just getting ready to unwind a little when I spilled that glass, go figure.

Latest posts

Back