confused...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herbie99

eam virides custodientes
Reaction score
ok, I have a mommy that... a.) I no longer have the room for, and b.) I'm kinda tired of the strain. it's an Ice strain that I got from nirvana quite a while ago. I still have more seeds so if I ever feel the need to revisit, I can.
2 of my last 4 grows have resulted in hermies. it's gotten to the point that I'm beginning to question my methods. after the last bout I completely dismantled my flower area and built a new flower box inside of a new room with all new materials and fresh paint. the new box is an open air concept with the bottom and top open to allow plenty of air circulation. constant air movement is caused by an oscillating fan with aux fans cooling the 400w hps that keeps the room at a never changing 76*. radiant floor heat keeps the room at 65* during lights out.
so...after 8 days of 12/12 she's beginning to look peculiar.
someone please reassure me.

001-001.JPG

002-001.JPG

003-001.JPG

004-001.JPG

was this from a regular m x f seed or a femmed seed?

don't seen no male parts hangin yet...course my peepers a bit peeped out atm....

7greeneyes said:
was this from a regular m x f seed or a femmed seed?

don't seen no male parts hangin yet...course my peepers a bit peeped out atm....

reg seed. many cuttings have come from this plant with no negative results...guess I'm just a little nervous.

forgot to mention that since this is basically a box within a box there is absolutely no light leakage. the only other light in the room is a small floro over my nute table that is wired to the door latch and goes out automatically when the door closes.

I dont see where you are saying hermie flowers are I see none in pic. If your tired of her flower her out and pass on the smoke.

It looks perfectly normal and healthy to me at this point. Looks like she is fixing to begin budding within the next 5 days or so. :)

ozzydiodude said:
I dont see where you are saying hermie flowers are I see none in pic. If your tired of her flower her out and pass on the smoke.
I didn't say it "had hermie'd" ozzie. I just have lots of fears considering my recent flops. and @Hpup, I know she appears happy and healthy. guess I'm just fishing for reassurance. thnx

You said you have a small floro light over your nute table that comes on when you open the door. If you are going in the space during the dark period and that light comes on and gives the least amount of glow to the flowering plant, it could affect it, depending on the level of light, the strength of the genetics, and how many times you interrupt the dark and the duration of the interruption. Other than that, if you aren't interrupting the dark period then you should be fine :)

Hushpuppy said:
You said you have a small floro light over your nute table that comes on when you open the door. If you are going in the space during the dark period and that light comes on and gives the least amount of glow to the flowering plant, it could affect it, depending on the level of light, the strength of the genetics, and how many times you interrupt the dark and the duration of the interruption. Other than that, if you aren't interrupting the dark period then you should be fine :)

I never go in during the lights out period. I only rigged the light to the door latch because I've been known to walk out and not realize that I left it on.

I'm living and learning thanks mostly to the good folks here at MP. :clap:

herbie99 said:
I never go in during the lights out period. I only rigged the light to the door latch because I've been known to walk out and not realize that I left it on.

I'm living and learning thanks mostly to the good folks here at MP. :clap:

I'm confused. If you only go in when the lights are on, why do you need any other light bulb in that space at all? I would forget about having to have a switch rigged to a door and just remove the bulb as there is really no use for it.

That's cool :) I would have to say then that I believe you should be fine with this one.

One possibility for getting the "nanner herms" could be a strong trait for it happening late in the flower period. There are many plant strains that do that, especially the femmed plants. I had a strain a while back that would start producing nanners by the 4th week of flower but they were all sterile and produced no seeds.

At this point I wouldn't worry too much. Just keep her happy and see how she does. Also just a suggestion; I would tie down as many of the outer branches as possible to open up the plant. This will maximize the bud production. I actually went to the store and bought a bunch of 3&4 oz fishing sinkers and used them to tie several of the branches on plants so that I could pull them over to open up the plant more for light penetration. It worked quite well :)

Goddess, the size of the newly constructed flower room makes it necessary for the smaller light over the table where I measure and mix nutes. because the actual "flower box" requires that I have the lights below the top of the box the table is in shadow and it's difficult to measure without the light.
the "gro-light" was the only light in the area prior to the floro. I'm afraid that I'm "more production and less planning"

h-pup, I thought about putting some stakes in there and tying some of the branches to spread it a bit. however, with my past experiences with the herms I was reluctant to stress her in any way. I'm trying to take every precaution but if you think I can safely open it up, I'll do just that. buds are beginning to form now. I topped and fim'd several times throughout it's life so that I seem to be getting many "mains" :hubba:

as always, thanks for the suggestions and help.

I understand your concerns there, but you shouldn't have any problems with stress when bending the branches over to open it up as long as you don't break any. They are very resilient and will handle being bent outward without any problems. You can either attach garden wire or soft string to several of the branches in opposing directions, then pull them out and attach the string to the walls to hold the branches out. I personally would make up a screen to attach to the walls and set it over the plants so that it is down onto it at this point so that you can bend the branches out to fill the whole space. Not only will this allow the branches to be spread out and allow more bud sites to develop, it will also support the growing buds that grow upwards :)

I've grown nirvana ice a few times. yours looks fine to me. still have old pics if you want to see...

nice ice irish

I hope mine does as well. :watchplant:

Latest posts

Back