Cool tube to push or to pull? I know pulling is better BUT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

str8t0thetop

Reaction score
my box is right next to a window and the side with the fan on it is next to the window DIRECTly since I have my window fully covered from the outside with an adjustable window that sildes over the main window which is also vented so air can get thru but you cant see inside from outside would it be more effective to have the fan pushing air thru the tube as oppose to how I have it now with it being pulled out? Im thinking it will pull cooler air from outside now i have the fan pulling air out towards the window and the air being pulled in from a side with a 6 inch flange next to a closet with about a 4 inch gap between the port and the closet

Why not move the box in front of the window and then pull air from and vent out the back? That's how mine is set up in my garage :). You don't live in FL, do you? Those of us in FL know how to cover windows from the outside :):)

i wish i lived in MIA but nope I dont I cant move where the box is now cause i have it behind a closet and the way its built my only option is one side with the window one with the closet

Aaaah. If I'm following this, then, I think the answer is both :). I would be pulling cool air in from outside and venting warm air inside in the winter and pulling cool a/c air from the room and venting warm air outside in the summer. IMO, in both cases, I think pulling air through the cool tube (wherever you get the cool air) is better than pushing it through.

Latest posts

Back