Cooling 6 600 w hoods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ray jay

Reaction score
Hi All, Quick question do you think 1 6" exhaust fan can keep 6 600w hoods cool? Redoing flower room have 2 to use think one will work during winter. Thanks Ray

using outside air where it gets cold it seems doable. The last light may get a bit warm

pcduck said:
using outside air where it gets cold it seems doable. The last light may get a bit warm

:yeahthat:

Same thought I had...if you pull your air from outside and you hve cold enough outdoor temps I think it is totally doable.

hey Ray---i like 8"---but i do agree it is doable with what you got---you don't have to string them all together and should be able to keep them cooler by using a T, or a Y splitter and running 3 and 3 on a line instead of all 6 in a line

yes.

If you design and size your duct system appropriately. My 6" fan moves 500 CFM through my system. I measured it.

You need about 80 - 100 CFM per light.

My 6" fan was cooling 3 600W hoods easily.

It is about to be hooked up to 3 600W and 2 1000W

For that fan to actually move 500CFM it needs to be at least 14" duct at the fan. I use 8" R8 insulated duct from my main exhaust duct to each hood independently.

Most people do not understand fans and duct. The rating it is given is without duct hooked to it. Just because its a 6" fan doesn't mean you HAVE to hook 6" duct to it.

If you hook 6" to it the fan will only move about 200 CFM. Inadequate.

If you give me details about your room ( size, layout, length of duct to exhaust) I can design you a sweet HVAC system. But be ready to drop some coin. I spent $300 on just my flex duct, and I get it as cheap as anyone can.

Thanks Guys, Just kept what I was doing before going to cool 3 lights with a 6" fan. I use Tjernland exhaust fans I think there 750 cfm for the 8" and 550 for the 6". Got the room almost done few little things to take care of. Thanks for your input. Ray

I've seen a 6" complete duct system cool 6 1K.... but it was only affordable in the winter.

I have a 6" Vortex cooling 3 600W with passive intake from inside the house running wide open and still have to have another 8" Vortex running at about 2/3rd speed to keep my room around 75F with the lights on and it will get down to about 65F on a cold night with the heatpump set on 72F. These are winter time temps and in the summer it will get to 80F and only get down to 74F with the heatpump set on 72F. Both of my fans have carbon filters on them and this does restrict it some. I run my lights in a row which is not the best but if I put my temperature receiver on the third light it reads 83F after about an hour. My room is 12X4X8.

I can cool, 8k watts, vertical with one, 6" 440cm intake and double that for exhaust.

nouvellechef said:
I can cool, 8k watts, vertical with one, 6" 440cm intake and double that for exhaust.

houston, missouri calling...:p

Latest posts

Back