couple of questiones form newbie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forget

Reaction score
I have one going and it just sprout (approx 3 inches), its a baby:)

Anyways have a couple fo questions:

1)When sprinkeling water does it matter if you shower the plant lightly? Also I only water as needed when I see a minor start of soil drying anywhere in the pot.

2)My temp is around 73-78* any comments?

3)Im giving it 17hrs light/ 7hrs night and its approx 2 feet from 400W light (HPS). Is this too much?

4)At what stage do yu have to worry about smell?

5)How long usually until "finished" product?

apologies for the stupidity of one or more questions but just trying to get my bearings on straight, thanks

hey, i'm new but can help with a few...
1) don't shower the plant, only water around the base
2) temp sounds ok
3) i've only heard the 24/0 or 18/6 methods for veg 12/12 for flowering
4) seems like different strains have different potency in fragrance
5) depends how long you veg, but i've seen flowering from 44 days to 65days plus drying and curing so +/- 12weeks + drying 2-4weeks

hope that helps a little. keep digging thru the forum tho...lots of info and good minds to learn from!! Oh, and welcome!!

i think showering the plant is finee, and natural, and helps clean the lil girl off.
it rains in nature doesnt it?? and Mj is a wild herb.....right..?

so its ok, and when it gets older its ok too.....untill you get far into flower, imho.

benamucc said:
hey, i'm new but can help with a few...
1) don't shower the plant, only water around the base
2) temp sounds ok
3) i've only heard the 24/0 or 18/6 methods for veg 12/12 for flowering
4) seems like different strains have different potency in fragrance
5) depends how long you veg, but i've seen flowering from 44 days to 65days plus drying and curing so +/- 12weeks + drying 2-4weeks

hope that helps a little. keep digging thru the forum tho...lots of info and good minds to learn from!! Oh, and welcome!!

You've been doing your homework. Good answers! I'll just keep browsing the boards.......:p

I try to not pound my seedling with water. A lot of times, I'll bottom water to not disturb the seedling. As much as these little babies cost, and the effort to get them to sprout, I'm as gentle as I can be. When they get a few months old, they're tough old hags by then.;)

forget said:
I have one going and it just sprout (approx 3 inches), its a baby:)

Anyways have a couple fo questions:

1)When sprinkeling water does it matter if you shower the plant lightly? Also I only water as needed when I see a minor start of soil drying anywhere in the pot.

2)My temp is around 73-78* any comments?

3)Im giving it 17hrs light/ 7hrs night and its approx 2 feet from 400W light (HPS). Is this too much?

4)At what stage do yu have to worry about smell?

5)How long usually until "finished" product?

apologies for the stupidity of one or more questions but just trying to get my bearings on straight, thanks

here's my personal answer (only based on my experience/knoweledge)

1. I personally avoid showering the plant becuase Im afraid it'll have a magnifying glass effect
  2. great temperature
  3. I do 20/4 on veg, mostly to try and be cheap haha
  4. Id say about the 4th week.
  5. depends how long you veg/flower, give or take 4 months?

actually this is a reason why you don't want to shower water all over your seedling, or any age, for that matter... the light intensity of that 400W HPS 2 feet overhead will burn the plant going thru the water droplets. take notice of the little water burns on the girls the next day after you water. it you feed at lights off, you can avoid this problem. but ya... you don't want to break the seedling, so just don't do it.

Just because the top soil is dry doesnt mean the undersoil is, brush some dirt aside and touch it with your finger, you may be watering too much. I would also bump your cycle up to 20 hrs, and you should't have to worry about smell too much with only plant unless its a strain that straight know for it. Also your only growing 1 plant under a 400 mh? I germ 5 or 6 more beans.

yep... soil should be allowed to "dry out" between waterings. MJ roots need to breath, too.
"ditto" on the crazy VCG's statement, too. "sprinkling" your plant under the HID's can burn them severely ..

welcome to the site man the people hear realy no what they are talking about if u listen and learn from them u will be harvesting a nice plant a copple months from now i garentee it ,,,i do have one coment on smell,,i got about 5 plants going and smell is not that bad i just got a copple of them air freshners that plug into the wall and they have worked great the only thing that smells pretty much is the closet they are in and their aint much i can do about that with out getting expensive stuff i cant afford now ..but ive noticed that mine started smelling around the 3 to 4 week mark

HAPPY GROWIN TOM TOM
AND HAOOY SMOKIN

Latest posts

Back