coy pond?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyfr

dead
Reaction score
a friend of mine...really...has a couple plants outside and i noticed he also has this circulating brook/pond with giant coy in it. wouldnt that water be ideal due to fish living in it? i hope so, i just told him to start watering with it

Wassup lyfr,
I too have a coy pond big enough for about 15 2ft fish, there actually pretty big and look tight like my butterfly coy's fins. The fins are so big it looks like wings flying under water. When i change there filter once a week i empty all the waste from it into a 5gal bucket and dillute it with water. I then split this 5 gal bucket into 20 gallons which i feed the outdoor crop with. I can tell you they love the fresh fish poo! It really greens up the leaf's and make them a healthy green. I have always wonderd if i could use styrofoam as a floating platform, cut a big 1 foot circle of styrofoam with a center hole puched out for the clone to be placed into and just let this float around the coy pond aimlessly. Any thoughts that this might work guy's??
Roken.

That would work fine as long as you can keep the O2 levels up in the pond. This can be done with a pump running a fountain.... Maybe there is a waterfall built into the pond that would create splashing to dissolve the O2 into the water..... One other problem is going to be keeping the roots out of the light. You can put the plant into the styrofoam but you need to keep the underside shaded well.

Maybe connect a black bucket to the styrofoam and drill several holes in it../shrug...

Sounds like fun though.. if ya do it, keep us informed )

its called aquaponics, incase youve never heard of it ...

greenhouses use similar methods of hydro with floating styrofoam treys in large treys. the pond would need to stay cool and free of major algea growth along with alot of oxygen and proper PH along with adequate nutrients.

goodluck on this if you try it!

Well i guess im in luck!, the coy pond has about a 1 1/2 ft waterfall constantly running into the pond. So i guess this would keep enough O2 in the water for the plant to utilize. I also have a big 6x4 shade screen pulled over the pond that hangs about 4 to 5 feet higher than the waterfall. This is used to keep out leaf's from the adjacent tree's and also to shade sun from coy fish. Do you think this would work ?? enough to keep roots out of sun's direct veiw?. I will post some pic's tomorrow for you guys to get some real concrete idea's on this crazy idea!!
Peace and Love!!!!!!!!!
Roken.

Latest posts

Back