crispy looking, soggy feeling leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medicalGreenGrower

Reaction score
i had this in sick plants but it was suggested that it might be more appropriate in this forum...

i'm trying to run a small ebb and flow perpetual system on a 3 week rotation cycle. i have 4, 3 week stations for flowering, one small veg box and a cloning room (covered shelf) all in a walk-in closet. i have medium walmart cat litter pans for trays and 5 gallon buckets for reservoirs. i use hydrotron and 4" rockwool.

i try to maintain 5.8 pH but i've had some swings, one as high as 7.25. i'm using a nute mix of Advanced Nutrients Sensi (veg and flower), Cal Mag, Liquid Karma, Cannazym, Rhizotonic and Super Thrive in every reservoir and adding PK-13 at Station 2. i'd love to cut down on the additives though, they are expensive, especially when i eventually add Canna Boost. i flush with plain RO water and floroKleen at the end of flower; before harvest. i've been trying to stretch my nute solution for the full three weeks but lately, i've been changing every 2 weeks, flushing the tray in between with RO water in a clean res.

i've read so many different suggestions for nute strength that i've just pulled some numbers out of my a** and i've been going with them. i've kept the veg around 800 (one spike to 1079), and the flower Station 1 (week 1-3) at 800 to 1000, Station 2 (week 3-6) at 1100 to 1350 (spike to 1500 once) Station 3 (weeks 6-9) at 600 to 800 alowing for early finishing flush if they are ready for harvest in this station. if they flower long i use the fourth station and i figured i'd just give them plain water at this point. i'm not sure what they will live on though, since they are just in rockwool and clay pebbles. should i try and maintain feeding until a few _days_ before harvest and then flush with the floro Kleen?

using these numbers i continually end up with nute burn, or what i assume it is based on my grow bible. the obvios path is to drop nute strength but i've seen so many higher numbers growing healthy plants, that i'm wondering if there isn't another issue that i'm missing. my plants are small, a foot or less, so i'm wondering if plant size has an effect on nute strength decisions. can anyone suggest the proper ppm levels for veg and then my individual flower stations?

finally, should burned leaves be trimmed or should the plant drop them off? mine have never come off and that seems like a concern to me since my plants remain small. i've attached a pic of the vegging plants. the burned leaves look like they should be crispy but they feel soggy. thanks.

mG2

veggingClones.jpg

Don't cut the damaged leaves, I was told to leave them they should fall off and they did.

Latest posts

Back