crossing lr2 with a nother strain?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

risktaker27

midnight toker
Reaction score
is this a good idea i have a couple LR2 fems just wondering your guys input on this.and i have a nother strain i saved from like 9 months ago from real good mids we call down her in the south and its about 4 1/2 weeks in veg

should i just cross with same strain?

Try this, I read subcool talking something about it.

Take the LR2 female and pollinate it with the male Northern Lights. In theory now it's 50% LR2 and 50% NL. Now while keeping that male alive, you grow some of the seeds from that pollinated plant and pollinate it again. Now the seed grown that was 50/50 that you just pollinated will create seeds that are 75% NL 25% LR2. You keep doing this until it is about 90-95% NL by now hopefully none of the autoflowering genetics are crossed over.

Now to get fancy grow tons of those seeds and find the best males and females and selectively inbreed and after a while you'd have yourself some NICE genetics.

BTW I think it's a great idea, the strain I'm growing now (and you can check out my journal) is Northern Lights x Lowryder x Hawaiian. It's amazing.

yes i have 1 lr2 male im saving just for this either seeds or try cross breeding i was just thinking tho why not try making a nother auto flowering strain if its a good strain to cross it with why not ohh well thx for the input so far

cheers

well if you want to create another autoflowering strain you would have to breed that LR against another female. Then grow those seeds and breed it with that exact male again. By about the 4-5 generation you should start having phenos that exhibit the autoflowering characteristics you are looking for. The only problem I see is keeping that male LR alive long enough to carry on it's genetics. You could collect all the pollen from him and self pollinate the females you want from each batch. However collecting viable pollen is not for the novice and storing it can be even harder.

good then have at it. Cut the breeders out of the equation and do it yourself. It will be much more rewarding then buying the beans from them. Just have continued patience as it will be many generations before you can successfully stabilize a strain. And who knows it might just turn to crap. That is a risk you take with playing god. On the positive side you may just come out on top with an awsome potent autoflowering strain that will be your true genetic line. Either way you learn something or create something.

I was thinking the same thing ristaker. I have 10 Auto Hindu Kush and 5 Fem. Auto White Russians. Planning on crossing a Hindu Kush male with 2 of the females to gain more seeds as well as a Hindu Kush male x White Russian female. Let you know how it goes.

Latest posts

Back