Curing's effect on potency...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sap_boy

Reaction score
I have two quick questions:

1. My bud hung upside down for a bit too long IMO, and I've sealed it in mason jars, but it's very slow to re-hydrate. Is there anything I can or should do to ensure proper moisture distribution?

2. I smoked some of my dired bud and it seems to be VERY weak...as in I can't really feel a high at all. Will the four-week cure I'm planning increase the potency, or do I just have a lower potency strain/didn't leave it outside to grow long enough?

Thanks!

To see my grow and harvest photos, click the following links:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18471

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19044

sap_boy said:

***! Your pal was hanging upsidedown for too long :rofl: :rolleyes:

To rehydrate... Some popular ways are using a piece of orange peel or a slice of bread.

Although some strains just never get to be that potent, they are not a waste. A cure will most definitely help the bud all the way around. Be patient man. The cure is another very important step in the growing process.

DLtoker said:
***! Your pal was hanging upsidedown for too long :rofl: :rolleyes:

:rofl: freinds even told me to put food coloring in the dirt b4....:hitchair:

potency depends on
#1: genetics
#2: nutrients and light
#3 and prolly the most important.....time of harvest.
if the trichs were not ready then potency would be drastically decreased. You need a microscope or jewlers loupe to truley tell if a plant is ready to harvest. NOT BY THE HAIRS.
#4: length of cure

Looking back at your grow you probably did not get enough time in flower.

The cure will help but IMO the dry bud should still get you high.

Do the buds look crystal coated?

i looked at your grow i think its the kind of seed you used ,i smoked some of that exact stuff its deff not that good even tastes funny my advise is sell it quick compress it if u can and sell it lol good luck

Though I've never done it, I've read on this site that a water cure can help isolate the THC and increase potency of the finished product. There are at least a few threads on it...

i rememba this plant, its a sativa, right?? it should have went another week or so, but you had to cut early. should still get you stoned, but if your used to an indica body high, and being lazy while stoned. the sativa high may not be to your suit.

Latest posts

Back