Current Favorite Strandiver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flower

Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
I still prefer “strain” because it’s only one syllable, instead of three, but anywho.

My wife, Ole’ Brown Thumb, is quite a bit more particular about her smoke than me, so I always have to keep her current favorite in the stable until I grow something she likes better.

The summer of 21 was the first time I grew a strain that I knew what the name was. Strawberry Cough, and Gorilla Glue.
They were grown outdoors. Anything I ever grew before that was bag seed.
I decided to try my hand at indoor growing the winter of 21/22, and started researching techniques and methods, which is when I found this forum and actually started researching different strains and which ones would be a good fit for us.

The wife preferred Strawberry Cough to the Gorilla Glue.
Then I grew Blueberry Kush and LSD for my first indoor grow. They were clones gifted to me by a friend.
Brown Thumb liked the LSD, but she still wasn’t totally happy with it.
That’s when I actually ordered seeds and tried to pick some strains I thought we would both prefer.
My friend had gifted me a Sour Diesel clone about that time as well, which I took clones from, and am still running some now.
We both like the Sour D, and it’s our go to backup at the moment for when we are out of our preferred strains.
I bought some Jack Herer seeds, and that became our go to for a while.
Then I grew a Lemon Auto that we both preferred over the Jack Herer.

Ole’ Brown Thumb had also picked another strain she wanted to try.
Purple Ghost Candy.
So far, this strain is holding the top spot, and I don’t see it going anywhere for a while.
It is a cross of Ghost OGxCandyland.
60/40 Sativa dominant.
The smell while growing is VERY fruity.
The smell after jarred and cured, is VERY fruity.
The taste is exceptionally fruity as well, and the smoke is super smooth.
It also has potency to spare.
AAF764A9-483C-4718-977D-0092E6468EDC.jpeg

A42C54B9-FF5E-430C-989A-95F75B3AF14F.jpeg

She also had a fairly colorful finish with an exceptionally good yield.

I also have some Big Bud jarred up at the moment. It’s my favorite night time smoke right now.

I was just curious what go to strains everyone else had revolved through their stable.

Last edited:
another spin on the name for "strain"...strandivar is how I was shown it was spelled, to each their own...
Where the frick have I been? Today is the second time I saw that and the first time I didnt't take much notice. Twice will make me ask questions. Have I been under a rock. Is this an MP term or across the board.

from what I know Matt who recently passed of Goat and Monkey seed fame coined the name strandivar...big among other folks have began using it...I'm still of the "strain" school of thought...

Where the frick have I been? Today is the second time I saw that and the first time I didnt't take much notice. Twice will make me ask questions. Have I been under a rock. Is this an MP term or across the board.
More importantly, do you have a favorite strain that you are growing right now?

The current strains in my tents I’ve never grown before but do have big hopes for the G&M Banana TK which has healthy strong stems and beautiful leaves. I really like the plants that have nice big stalks and stems more so than thinner ones.
my favorite strain to grow so far although I have not had very much luck with it was the Josie seeds gifted to me by big. I grew one last summer which I loved so much and lost it to bud rot at the very end of flower. I was so sad not to have been able to try it so I tried again in my tent with four plants. I made a mistake with these as well by leaving the top vent open after cleaning the tent exposing them to some light intrusion during flower. I didn’t see it till the last days of flower. They still grew healthy even tho I made it hard for them. They had beautiful trichomes when I harvested them. I managed to save two for smoking which was noticeably nicer than the average weed and made really nice kief additive with the other two. I have one more seed left an hope that I can pop her and plan to try it again outside in the spring now armed with a few techniques from a few friends here that may help me finish her off

A0C42030-88BD-48DD-882B-3F70E57DECDD.png

I am currently running Gelato for the first time as well. I kind of think it’s an ugly plant to grow. Small fans, and I don’t care for the structure. I have seen several on here speak highly of it. I have had one in 12/12 since 9/30/22, so I should know where it falls on our list in the near future.

get over it cause like Tom Joad , strandivar will be there

strandivar

stran—di—var
I‘stran‘da var/
1. A cannabis strand or plant varietal that has been cultivated to relieve the strain of selective breeding. Strandivars are usually designated in the style Taxus baccata "Variegata." as
referred to by “STRAIN DIVAS”.
Animal kush mints is the best strandivar I have ever cultivated!

so called cannabis

“master growers” that don’t know the proper term which is “STRANDIVARjust quit now your embarrassing yourself..

we currently like:
Ultimate Og
Durban Poison x Triangle Kush
Ogers x East Coast Sour Diesel

we are out of c99 but that one would right up there……thats why we are out

get over it cause like Tom Joad , strandivar will be there

strandivar

stran—di—var
I‘stran‘da var/
1. A cannabis strand or plant varietal that has been cultivated to relieve the strain of selective breeding. Strandivars are usually designated in the style Taxus baccata "Variegata." as
referred to by “STRAIN DIVAS”.
Animal kush mints is the best strandivar I have ever cultivated!

so called cannabis

“master growers” that don’t know the proper term which is “STRANDIVARjust quit now your embarrassing yourself..

we currently like:
Ultimate Og
Durban Poison x Triangle Kush
Ogers x East Coast Sour Diesel

we are out of c99 but that one would right up there……thats why we are out
I guess I will just wallow in my own ignorance and continue embarrassing myself. I don’t think my flowers know the difference. I hope me calling my seeds beans isn’t going to get me in trouble either…:rolleyes:

View attachment 315541
I am currently running Gelato for the first time as well. I kind of think it’s an ugly plant to grow. Small fans, and I don’t care for the structure. I have seen several on here speak highly of it. I have had one in 12/12 since 9/30/22, so I should know where it falls on our list in the near future.
I am interested in that strain, let me know how she ends up.

Latest posts

Back