Curling leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Da420wn

Reaction score
I have been reading for a few hours and maybe I missed it, BUT i have a 400 watt light on (what was) 4 sprouts ,now 1,in a 3x6 closet. they all did great for 4 days then 3 shirvled up and died, and the 1 left has curled down leaves,and looks like it is not doing well. Geningated in paper towels and planted in miracle grow soil, put under lights 24/7, as I have read:confused:, I lost what am I doing wrong??

I have new seeds that I planted in there and they died with in hours:eek:

I have more seeds READY to get in to some soil but Im scared :confused:to put them in THAT inviroment. Better off outside here, so cal.

Help please thank you :peace:

What are your temps in the room? A 400 watt hps is alot for new born sprouts IMHO. You should really get yourself some CFL's to start them out then move them under the hps.

Well after finding a few things I have moved her away from the linght about 6-8 inches maybe shes getting too hot gonna get a bigger fan. Any other ides?

partychief13 said:
Well after finding a few things I have moved her away from the linght about 6-8 inches maybe shes getting too hot gonna get a bigger fan. Any other ides?
If you are using a 400 watt hps you should have it atleast 12 to 24 inches away from your plants. What ya need to do is stick the back of your hand on the top of your plants. If the light is to hot on your hand then it's to hot for your plants. ;)

I got new seeds, soil, and a new pots, gonna put them 2 and 1/2 feet awaay from the light and well go from there.

what type of MG are you starting the seedlings in, i use MG and i know the TBG has much experience with MG soil. my first batch of soil i got was very high in N and it killed a couple of my seedlings off too, the next batch i went with MG seedstarter soil which is much lower in N and had no problems.

and remember with MG to give them nothing but plain PH balanced water.

It is the MG garden soil for flowers and vegies, Thanx

Latest posts

Back