Cutting large leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beach Bum

Reaction score
my plants are a good 3 weeks into flower, I have got some huge leaves here and there. Would it stress them if I gave them a trim.

NEVER cut leaves of any size unless/until they are dead and useless. Photosynthesis occurs i the leaves, they are your friends...cutting them is like pulling spark plug wires on your race car....

:yeahthat: you could take off the under developed undergrowth..the buds that aint going to fill out right

Roddy said:
NEVER cut leaves of any size unless/until they are dead and useless. Photosynthesis occurs i the leaves, they are your friends...cutting them is like pulling spark plug wires on your race car....

you dont get good solid advice like this with most internet growers. listen to rod an never take a leave that aint dead or dying.

soil :yeahthat:

Ill jump on the train :D
Never cut the leaves off especially your big ones bigger leaves=more energy via photosynthesis ;)

doesnt anyone search? we get one of these threads everyday

Beach Bum said:
my plants are a good 3 weeks into flower, I have got some huge leaves here and there. Would it stress them if I gave them a trim.

Congratulations on having large fan leaves on your plant. Now just leave them alone. Your plant needs those--THEY are the solar panels that turn light, nutes, and co2 into THC and other good things.

DO NOT TRIM HEALTHY FAN LEAVES....EVER.

Thanks guys for the info, I posted it very late last night so I did not think about doing a search.

Beach Bum said:
Thanks guys for the info, I posted it very late last night so I did not think about doing a search.

Don't worry about it brosef.....we just seem to get this question a lot.

I don't understand why anyone would cut the leaves off of their plants, You woulden't do it to the plants in your garden, or to the flowers around the house. JMO though.

Latest posts

Back