Cutting Lower Branches 3 Weeks Into Flowering??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
noobiewithadoobie said:
anyone have any thoughts on when to start flushing with this setup? i was thinking of flushing with the GH Floranectar I have been using. Just H20 and that. 1 week, 2 weeks?

NWAD. I have been growing weed since Nixon was president and the only times I have ever flushed is when I added too many nutes and the plants started to burn. In my opinion it's kinda like altering the air in your tires to get 2 more miles per gallon. Whoopee.
Nowadays with pH meters, micronutes, HPS lights, guano **** and everything else you can utilize to manage a grow it's a new ballgame.
You can spend $500 and grow some hellacious weed, or you can spend $50 and grow some hellacious weed. If you know what you are doing...

It's your choice. Try leaching one plant and not the one next to it and decide for yourself. That's always the best way! ;)

I personally would leave the branches, and the buds, alone.

OldSkool said:
NWAD. I have been growing weed since Nixon was president and the only times I have ever flushed is when I added too many nutes and the plants started to burn. In my opinion it's kinda like altering the air in your tires to get 2 more miles per gallon. Whoopee.
Nowadays with pH meters, micronutes, HPS lights, guano **** and everything else you can utilize to manage a grow it's a new ballgame.
You can spend $500 and grow some hellacious weed, or you can spend $50 and grow some hellacious weed. If you know what you are doing...

It's your choice. Try leaching one plant and not the one next to it and decide for yourself. That's always the best way! ;)

I personally would leave the branches, and the buds, alone.

Good info here. unfortunately, I am growing with hydro slabs and only use one res. can't leech only one plant. it is all or nothing i am afraid. I would love to know a way to keep any cost down and maximize yields. I am only growing 1-2 times a year and with only having 4 plants each time, i have to make sure i get the most bang for my buck. Can you look at the pics in my earlier post and tell me if things are looking good or if there is something you see i should be doing differently? I know it is hard with pics but any honest criticizm/help would be greatly appreciated. I love to learn and sometimes that means being told you are doing something wrong so please do not sugar coat it. If it looks bad, I want to know so I can change it!! Thanks Old Skool

Sincerly, New Skool!!!

Recently finished up a white russian grow. IMO leave the fans leaves alone. Any trimming at this point will just stress out the plant when it is nearing the end of its life cycle and putting its energy into flowering. Your girls depend on those big fans for survival at this point. You won't change the yield significantly or improve the popcorn on the lower branches in the next 3 weeks After receiving a lot of good advice from the folks here, I have stopped flushing and found that starving my ladies for the home stretch has no benefit. Keep feeding them gently and chop them when the trichs are right.

scatking said:
Recently finished up a white russian grow. IMO leave the fans leaves alone. Any trimming at this point will just stress out the plant when it is nearing the end of its life cycle and putting its energy into flowering. Your girls depend on those big fans for survival at this point. You won't change the yield significantly or improve the popcorn on the lower branches in the next 3 weeks After receiving a lot of good advice from the folks here, I have stopped flushing and found that starving my ladies for the home stretch has no benefit. Keep feeding them gently and chop them when the trichs are right.
What kind of yields did you get? Setup? looks like the Russian is a good thick producer.

didn't bother ti weigh it out but the trimmed bud from 2 plants filled 6 1/2 gallon glass jars plus a bit more. Potency was very good across the entire plant. Extremely sticky though...

scatking said:
didn't bother ti weigh it out but the trimmed bud from 2 plants filled 6 1/2 gallon glass jars plus a bit more. Potency was very good across the entire plant. Extremely sticky though...
In a fececioous tone...."I hate it when my buds are too sticky!" :)
Thanks for that info. I can't hardly wait the few weeks i have left. I touch the leaves and it smells like a fruity explosion of deliciousness. They should call it Super Fruity Ishkabubble Skunk #9 if you ask me! I cannot believe I am talking about a plant right now. Life....It's the little things!

Too true noobie - the little things are what's getting us through these crazy times. Good luck finishing up your grow and:48:

Latest posts

Back