deficiency?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noneedforalarm

Cannabinoid
Reaction score
do not know the ph....using filtered water and watering every 24 hours or so and feeding every 4 days.the plant is 9 weeks old still in veg.can anyone tell what this is?it doesnt exactly look like the plant is eating itself here...i mean that could be it,but im not sure...looks more like a deficiency to me.thanks for checking.
PS>also the tips are light brown and on the leaf opposite of this if got a brownish/greyish spot forming in the middle.
oh and dont mind the dead leaf above...somehow it got damaged...*damn kids*

DSCN0746 [800x600].JPG

thanks duck...i didnt think it was nute burn due to the fact i have been feeding once a week until recently...the plant was eating itself mad when i fed once a week.so i bumped it up to every 4 days the past 2 feedings,also i do most of my watering through the bottom of the planter to reduce the possibility of nute burn,im using some pre nuted soil on my first run and had a run in with nute burn immediately so figured this the best way to go...would you say the plants get nutes through bottom watering.i assumed they did and went with 1 week nice feed and the watering every 24 hours gave them the lil bit they needed until they started eating themselves which in turn made me start feeding every 4 days.make sense?

It should not make any difference on how you feed it. Nute burn has to do with the amount of nutes they have been absorbed by the roots not on your method of feeding. I think the major advantage of bottom feeding is no algae on the top of the media and no little knats.jmo

What kind of filtered water are you using? Some types of filters leave unwanted salts in them after filtering

pcduck said:
It should not make any difference on how you feed it. Nute burn has to do with the amount of nutes they have been absorbed by the roots not on your method of feeding. I think the major advantage of bottom feeding is no algae on the top of the media and no little knats.jmo
ok lemme try to reword this...i stopped watering on top to prevent nute burn,i started on the bottom to avoid feeding.i started on the bottom as a way around feeding just to get it water.follow me? now i assume since the water has to travel through the soil to get to the roots its still releasing nutes no matter bottom or top,but it seems you release more by watering up top instead of bottom.just not as much nutes being released on the bottom,seeing is how the plant was still eating itself.i understand what nute burn.cant wait until i start working in order to get nutrient free soil :) will make this so much easier.

some water station crap with like 8 diff filtering steps...not entirely sure...next fill up i will document there filtering process.

noneedforalarm said:
some water station crap with like 8 diff filtering steps...not entirely sure...next fill up i will document there filtering process.

I tried one of those water stations. After getting home I put my ppm meter in the water. There waters' ppm was higher than just the regular tap water. I didn't use it on my plants

i do not understand the ppm deal...would you mind giving a short course for me? haha...like its point with growing chronic?

what kind nutes you use? was it guanos?

ethier.. yeah it was little too much but that's alright,... its just little burn..
oh btw.... how close you have the MH light on your mojos? maybe heat issue? IDK... have you raise the lights yet? you can use books or case for clones to be closer to the MH or flours. lights will work good.. I notice your flours lights has cover lid on.. take lid cover off for extra lumen ;)

i was thinking about using the guano actually,but in reality now that its lookin like its burnt due to the tips being burnt i think im going to save the guano for a nute free soil on my clones once there of age.

noneedforalarm said:
i do not understand the ppm deal...would you mind giving a short course for me? haha...like its point with growing chronic?

In this case you are measuring the electric conductivity or EC of the water. And ppm is just a measurement term. This is a measurement of the amount of salts in the water. Plain water that has a high ppm reading has a lot of unwanted salts that your plant does not need and takes away from the amount of nutes you could add. That is why distilled or RO water is recommended when water plants.

For growing Chonic benefits of LOWER PPMS in plain water means more nutes you can feed the plant. More nutes means bigger and healthier plants which in turns makes more and better buds, which gets you more stone on just a little.

word up,thank you for that and that reminds me RO is the main filtering process for there water.

on this same picture the problem is getting worse,it is slowly going up the plant now and is consuming the bottom leaves.i have not fed the plant since 5 days from now.any ideas? the new growth is amazing though everything looks fine up top.
EDIT: here are some new pics...the one leaf you can see the diff no prob from last pic up top.

DSCN0748 [800x600].JPG

DSCN0750 [800x600].JPG

DSCN0751 [800x600].JPG

DSCN0752 [800x600].JPG

bump for the update:p

also if you take the first picture up top and the last picture in the update put em side to side,and you can see it getting worse.the leaf with the rip in it.

really?noone can touch it?ive read and viewed numerous sites and books on deficiency and i can relate to some but dont wanna go od on something i "think" it is.

I am having the same issue.Mine started when I listened to a friend and added 2x the bloom(I use General Hydroponics bloom,grow,micro)it seems to start taking over the older fan leaves(yellow,brown/grey spots,tips burnt then eventualy the whole leaf gets burnt from the outside in.

IMO you need to have your PH under control (one of the single most important things) or at least know where your PH is at, you should be between 6.5 - 7.0 and your soil should be the same. It is almost impossible to determine what deficiency you have unless your PH is in the zone, most of the problems I see on this site is ALWAYS a PH problem

I water at 6.5 - 6.8 and just found my soil runoff is 5.8 (to low for soil) and I have a couple spots like yours on my leaves (I am guessing because the PH is a little low). When I make my concoction for the ladies my ph drops down to 4.0 - 4.3 (way to low) so if you aren't checking you PH then you should. I will be starting a thread on bringing up your ph in soil tonight when my Dolmite Lime gets here - what kind of soil do you use?

If you have nute block because your PH is off (this is what it looks like IMO) then you have a deficiency of something, because the plant can't eat...

Latest posts

Back