Delima regarding pot size for hydro set up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hachiroku

Reaction score
So heres my issue. I have a few different pot choices and ideas. Basically, im using a 4'x4'x7" tub for veg. as you can see from the picture. im going to be watering every 5 hours for 35 minutes (3 minutes to fill 8 to drain).

my issue is with the type of pot to put these little ladies in. Im have issues with the water line (view picture) and the water and nutrients being able to reach the roots and enough of the roots.

of the pots you see which one would be better? Can i get away with the black plant pots that already have the netting in them? These would be easier, especially when I move to the flower hydro set up and they are the perfect size for veggin these plants in. my forseeable problem is that the plant will sit too far up and the water and nutrients wont be able to reach it.

I can always use the smaller red pots, that i drilled holes in, and then transplant to the black net ones later once the roots get a little longer?

how much of my roots have to receive water?!

sorry for the incompletness and scatterness, Its hard for my to organize my thoughts on this because of all the different variables.

any input is welcomed... thanks guys

DSC00474.JPG

DSC00475.JPG

DSC00476.JPG

DSC00477.JPG

DSC00478.JPG

DSC00479.JPG

DSC00480.JPG

DSC00481.JPG

DSC00482.JPG

DSC00483.JPG

while looking at the pictures, ive come up with some more thoughts...

notice water line on small terracota planter verse the water line of the black net pot...the roots would hardly reach the water in the black one...

id like to try and keep the water level right where its at, but i could always add some more water? Im already using about 27 gallons or so and could add another 10 more? Id really like to try and stay with what ive got though water depth wise

Latest posts

Back