Distilled water ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nOob grower

Reaction score
Can I just buy the cheap crap? Like the store brand of distilled water?

What do y'all think about this other brand of bottled water I saw today in the store. It's Ozarka's "Drinking Water" variety. The reason it stood out to me was that it contains Calcium Chloride, Magnesium Chloride, and Sodium Bicarbonate. How would those ingredients positively or negatively effect our plants.

Afghan#1 said:
whats ro stand for?

reverse osmosis.. to my understanding it is stripped of all or most of it's minerals/nutrients.

I dont know about everybody else here buying from WM, but i go through over 6 gallons per week already for 6 plants under a 250w HPS. Im currently transitioning from veg to flower. So I pick up a case at our weekly stop right now, 6 for $0.72 each.

Look on EBAY for a RODI . Getting your water's PPM to start at 0 is a good idea. So when you add your nutrient's , your water parameters will be allot easier to manage.

nOob grower said:
Answers my ? thanx all

Am sure you can.

What is the differance between tap and bottle water? is it worth the extra cost?

camcam said:
Am sure you can.

What is the differance between tap and bottle water? is it worth the extra cost?

Tap water is treated with chemicals, such as chlorine and stuff, throws your PH off

nOob grower said:
Tap water is treated with chemicals, such as chlorine and stuff, throws your PH off

I see, what is the PH level of bottle water?

i havent taken a ph meter to the distilled bottled water im gettin from walmart.i was using ro water from a locally owned grocery store until i noticed my plants reactin to the ph level of it. i didnt get a chance to grab up some ph up or ph down yet,so im just usin what i can until then.my plants are like this distilled water though.i only have three 4'' skunk 1 haze plants right now,so i've only had to buy one gallon so far,but once i get my other strains goin,i'll be usin more. i'll only tested with these ph test strips so i dont know if my calculations are even legit,but this distilled is changing the strip to a color that is equal to about 5.5-6.0,the r.o. water i was gettin changes the strip to a color equal to 7.0 i havent bought a more expensive bottle yet,i'll have to buy the most expensive bottle of distilled water when i go to the store,then i'll test it and if it test out alright,i'll give it a whirl and see how it does.im almost positive it'll do just as good as this cheap stuff.-peace

Buying water for me was not an option so RO works great for me.
I did not have any problems with the RO water and PH.

Ebay has a portable RO filter for $69.00 that hooks up to your sink and it works great.

Ive also used rain water and dehumidifier water without problems.

Growdude said:
Buying water for me was not an option so RO works great for me.
I did not have any problems with the RO water and PH.

Ebay has a portable RO filter for $69.00 that hooks up to your sink and it works great.

Ive also used rain water and dehumidifier water without problems.

Is dehumidifier water ok to use? When I was drying my buds I had one and I thought to myself I wounder if I could use the water out of it? It wont have any chemicals at all in the water will it?

camcam said:
Is dehumidifier water ok to use? When I was drying my buds I had one and I thought to myself I wounder if I could use the water out of it? It wont have any chemicals at all in the water will it?

No it wont it is distlled water, now it gets some dirt from the coil in it but its never hurt my plants.

Latest posts

Back